Today's bike find - 1991 Bridgestone MB-1

Here are a few pics, post a quick clean and Sunday morning bacon sandwich collection shakedown ride!

The paint is wrecked as are the decals, but it has no rust or dents etc and the parts are in great condition. Ideal candidate for a fresh paint job and a new life as my pub bike!

Should be 986 cantis, great bikes, and not common, I have a Radac as my commuter and it's typically eccentric but well thought out.

Rod_Saetan":3t0vewkb said:
Should be 986 cantis, great bikes, and not common, I have a Radac as my commuter and it's typically eccentric but well thought out.

Thanks very much, I'll try to get hold of some 986... It rides very well, but too small for me to ride for any distance to be honest.

was8v":3f0taq7a said:
Awesome find, very lucky to get it cheap!

This is way too good for a pub bike!

I happened upon it posted on one of those classified ad postcards in my local Booths! I have the same problem with every bike I buy as a runaround, I spend a bit if time making it a bit nicer and I ends up too good to leave outside the pub! Damn it!

Rod_Saetan":330qdzxy said:

Sorry for the Hijack - Rod_Saetan is your PM full? I've sent a couple of PM's but not had a reply, cheers Swannymere

lrh":265q6urj said:
Classy bit of kit :) One day I'll uncover something like this.

Were these ever officially imported? There's info and brochures here: http://sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/index.html

Thank you very much indeed! Just what I needed. I've downloaded the 1992 brochure, shame there are no photos of the bikes, just artists impressions!

Rod_Saetan":265q6urj said:

The spec in the brochure for this year is for 987. Makes things a bit easier as these are easier to find!

Back