Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

capitanfigueras":1qzo4e6p said:
misteroo":1qzo4e6p said:
Well...that wasn't nail biting in any way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the greatest tennis matches ever!

Well done Andy.

Really happy for him, but let's not go OTT on the match. Quality was not great, too many errors, too much % tennis and the actual sets weren't real ding-dongs.

If it wasn't for a Brit playing we all would have gone to bed way before the end.

Gave it that extra edge!!!!!

I am a tennis fan, so whoever was playing I would be there for the final.

Sweet to have Murray there though, and now it has happened I am bemused why everyone is still talking about him maybe winning Wimbledon, as if that was the new goal.

He may never have the run of form and freedom from injury, at the right time, to win at Wimbledon. It may just not fit with his rhythm.

Nadal will be back soon, and Fed has a few more years in him.

There may be others coming up too, so I reckon Andy took his chance and got a little lucky to clinch this major.

That gets you that first major win it seems, but to produce like Djokovic, Nadal or Fed he needs to take every match by the scruff of the neck.

That is where the winning mentality comes in.

There were moments of negativity that I hope are ironed out completely by the middle of next season, which is when I reckon he will have developed the mentality he needs. Perhaps a win will come before that, but I cannot see any consistent performance at this level until those problems are addressed.

He is very fortunate to have Lendl in his corner.

C'mon tiger! You have to work for that Knighthood!

1237034294.jpg

Asked how he felt about receiving a knighthood for services to British Clowning, Andy Murray Mouse, the 78 year old ex-tennis player answered,

"Where am I? ... Donkey!"

259412_400.jpg

highlandsflyer":npxatvwd said:
Asked how he felt about receiving a knighthood for services to British Clowning, Andy Murray Mouse, the 78 year old ex-tennis player answered,

"Where am I? ... Donkey!"

259412_400.jpg

"You won't send me back to t'dark place will you?"

;)

David

Well the wee man is showing great resolve these days. Fed was tired though. Different proposition come Sunday.

Fitting result for the day we celebrate our great poet.

:)

Back