parkpre pro elite retro/modern build - FINISHED!!! pics p2

as far as I know it's a 95. I'm pretty certain that 94 (and earlier?) models had the purple name decals on the downtube. I'm not sure about 96 models.

A couple more pics of parts... I have nearly everything now, only a few small parts left to go. My wheels are finished too, so I'll be picking them up from the LBS next week :)

The front mech was on the original build - I sold it a few months ago, then saw it up for sale and bought it back again!

the skewer should be a nice retro touch and a good match for the XT rear

Attachments

• DSCN9763.JPG
    DSCN9763.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,251
  • DSCN9762.JPG
    DSCN9762.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 1,251
:)

Have you got a full picture of the actual frame?.

I would love to see a pic, never heard of park pre, back in the day, but I like the finish on them. :)

I don't have one of the frame alone (I'll take some before I start building though), but here's one of the bike in a previous SS guise.

Andy

Attachments

• DSCN6219 (Large).JPG
    DSCN6219 (Large).JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,246
Thanks! It's a very nice satin finish, personally I prefer it to a shiny ti finish. I think litespeed made the early parkpre models, but I don't know if they made this one, or who made the later ones. There are others more expert than me on stuff like that though...

I'll post some close ups of the welds too - they really are nice, certainly no worse than the moots welds I've seen :)

Andy

:) my litespeed frame was a satin one....

I think satin tends to look better as well, although I must admit my alloy Manitou is probably the most shiny frame on the planet :oops:

A few more parts have arrived, so the only things I'm missing now are bars and stem, shifters, tyres, and cables! I still need to get my fork back from the LBS, so can't really start building until i do :(

here are a few more pics:

XT M750 175mm 5 bolt crank, 26t middleburn inner ring, 38t goldtec outer (I'm going 2x9). I?m a bit worried about the clearance between the inner ring and the bolts holding the outer on, so might need some washers in there. I'm also thinking of polishing the arms (not the spider), just to make them nice and shiny. They don't really need it, but I think they might fit better with the overall build that way, and I saw some on here a while back that had been polished and looked stunning!

XT M739 long cage rear mech... from the original build and still going strong. I just hope it works OK with 9 speed!

New sram 9 speed chain and 11-34 cassette (the rear mech is rated to 32t max, but i?m hoping it will be OK, especially as I'm only running 2 rings!)

Attachments

• DSCN9782.JPG
    DSCN9782.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 821
  • DSCN9781.JPG
    DSCN9781.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 821
  • DSCN9774.JPG
    DSCN9774.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 821
  • DSCN9772.JPG
    DSCN9772.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 821
Brakes:

M739 levers (original to the bike) - can't go wrong with them I reckon, and they still look up to date!

slightly more modern Deore LX M580 V brake for the rear

early (not sure what year) avid mechanical disc brake. I need a cable stop for it though, and the rubber is cracked...

modern 160mm avid G2CS disc

Attachments

• DSCN9783.JPG
    DSCN9783.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 818
  • DSCN9784.JPG
    DSCN9784.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 818
  • DSCN9778.JPG
    DSCN9778.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 818
  • DSCN9773.JPG