Lance Armstrong

my feeling that US media being biased towards LA, have influenced Sylus, and many other LA defenders.

He is the big catch, so in a way is the scapegoat, but when you bully your way through your career, and after, and claim over 500 clean tests, when actually only 250, and at least 2-3 may have been positive. You have to expect it. Even people that weren't included in USADA evidence have now come forward to admit drug taking, in the USPS team, and that the whole team was at it, throws any idea of sweetheart deals out of the window, even though there obviously were. Sweetheart deals though, have always happened to get people to turn over others in organised crime, which this was.

Pyro Tim":3vkgnpvj said:
my feeling that US media being biased towards LA, have influenced Sylus, and many other LA defenders.

Why thank you Tim..it's good to know I can be influenced, many of those around me with experience would disagree but I am sure they will bow down to your internet knowledge of me :p :LOL:

away from Lance directly..sweetheart deals just change the bully and the rules. You cannot justify that because from that point forward there are no rules unless the bully decides them

sylus":7347kqg3 said:
Pyro Tim":7347kqg3 said:

Why thank you Tim..it's good to know I can be influenced, many of those around me with experience would disagree but I am sure they will bow down to your internet knowledge of me :p :LOL:

away from Lance directly..sweetheart deals just change the bully and the rules. You cannot justify that because from that point forward there are no rules unless the bully decides them

we are all influenced, by everything around us. Anyone would be a fool to say otherwise. I am not stating it is only you personally and by what, but everything around everyone influences them to varying degrees. I'm not being personal. It's also not something we are often conscious of.

here is the thing Tim

when you have your opinion you claim it to be valid..when others have a different opinion they they are"influenced by others"

Do you work for the usda by chance :LOL: :LOL:

sylus":2cry7eln said:
here is the thing Tim

when you have your opinion you claim it to be valid..when others have a different opinion they they are"influenced by others"

Do you work for the usda by chance :LOL: :LOL:

no, my opinions are influenced by the things that I have experienced in my life. Regarding LA, it is including reading of pages and pages of articles on the subject, books, interviews etc., and what I know from training to high levels in sport (swimming for me), and friends that have done it in road cycling. Which all lead me to hold the opinion that there is no possibility he could not have been taking performance enhancing drugs, he was a bully, and that it's about time he got what he deserved

Your opinions on USADA are yours, and I haven't made any specific comment against them

Seems you are the one that has taken something personally, when nothing in that way was meant. I take from that what I take from that

Pyro Tim":lt56ro6e said:
sylus":lt56ro6e said:
here is the thing Tim
Seems you are the one that has taken something personally, when nothing in that way was meant. I take from that what I take from that

No offence taken...I just find you...funny :LOL:

As to Lance ..well perhaps the great British disease of wishing to knock down successfull people is and has always been en vougue

You cannot deny he is a great cyclist determined to raise the profile of the sport in such a way that when he first came onto the scene competitive international cycling largely had died from being unfashionable

was he a great competitor, undoubtedly. Was he full of such determination and confidence that some felt inadequate and bullied in his prescence...I would say they needed to grow a pair

If he has done what some claim then for some he will always be a drug cheat and for others it won't matter because he has retired and the good charity cancer work is seen as a positive that could have only been achieved by the same determination

Has he retired and now enjoys retirement as most of us would like to do when it's our time. Has he anytime for such silly double standards by the usda..I doubt it

whatever the end result whilst Lance maybe the figurehead....who will they blame now? the usda has run out of people to blame whilst disguising their own ability to damage the sport

The video db was funny

I'm asking myself why this whole debate about Armstrong who will never ride again in pro sport events appears now at this moment again.
My conclusion is to distract the audience from questioning all the riders who are now active. That would harm the whole cycling scence even more than to expose someone who retired for good.
If it is the truth that Armstrong and his whole generation of pro cyclists were into doping there is no way that all the riders after them are getting faster and faster without doping. My heart wants to believe that there are exeptions to the legality of winning. I really wish someone like Wiggins would really be able to simply be that good without doping. But i guess the sad truth is that there is not one single pro athlete in any sport who is really that good without taking anything.
All the lies and all the betrayal can never be stopped by any kind of anti-doping tests and the consequences someone like Armstrong is facing. The only option there really is - and this is an ugly one - is to legalise doping and create an extra class for the modified athletes in all sports. That way no one would have to tell one single lie again. And you have the best of both worlds. Ultimate records on the on the one hand and appreciation for the clean sportsman on the other hand.
I do love sports but i hate systems that create liars.

The flaw in your theory Juice is that cyclists now are slower than before, quite significantly on the real measures of it, such as Alp d'Huez and Mont Ventoux.

juice":2clrl8g1 said:
I'm asking myself whe only option there really is - and this is an ugly one - is to legalise doping and create an extra class for the modified athletes in all sports. That way no one would have to tell one single lie again. And you have the best of both worlds. Ultimate records on the on the one hand and appreciation for the clean sportsman on the other hand.
I do love sports but i hate systems that create liars.

Kind of like in bodybuilding, in a sense.

Back