1989 Laïti Mono - Complete bike

"It also needs a little work on the rear end because that appears to be warped. The bottom of the rear wheel is 2cm more to the left than the top is."

when you say needs work on the rear end...... exactly what needs doing ? and what part is warped ?

PA070131m.jpg

If you watch closely, you'll see that on the left side of the bike (right side in the picture) there's more tyre visible at the bottom of the wheel than there is at the top.
The chainstay itself is a bit warped (which appears to be normal for these bikes), which means the axle isn't perfectly horizontal anymore.

Basically the rear end needs to be put in a perfectly level workbench and then the frame must be twisted a bit until the seat tube is vertical again.
I contacted a company that specializes in straightening and repairing old motorcycle frames, and according to them cold setting is fine. It's what they'd do if they could mount it in their machines.

EDIT : now that I look at it, it may not be entirely clear due to the bike stand. If you want, I can take a picture without that stand tomorrow.

Is this a steel or ali frame type bump?
I'm an engineer and I straighten bent things for a living ;)

Back