99 Sunn Exact Ti Proteam ex Ludo Dubau

biocandy":3tl7mzm1 said:
u shouldn't ride a ride like that ;)

It was muddier than I thought it would be when I set off, but rest assured I didn't ride through all the puddles and it got a thorough clean as soon as I got home :)

Re:

As I'm back home home and been messing around with this a bit, and as its been a while, thought I would update this.
I'm surprised how long I've owned this now, where does the time go? And I started this thread saying it was probably finished but I think it really is now.....

Some late afternoon sun pictures:

IMG-1742.jpg

IMG-1743.jpg

IMG-1744.jpg

IMG-1745.jpg

The Obsys Carbon fork has 'Team' stickers but as far as I am aware and can tell internally its the same as a regular Obsys Carbon fork. The dropouts are finished differently to production forks, and I think the steerer may be aluminium rather than steel - from memory the regular forks have magnetic steerer tubes but this one wasn't.
IMG-1752.jpg

Lovely Sunn branded TA Specialities chainrings. Front mech is one thing that might still get changed....
IMG-1748.jpg

Now runnnig Avid Arch Rival 50s. Arch Rival Supremes don't work on these frames because of where Morati put the rear brake cable stop....
IMG-1746.jpg

IMG-1751.jpg

Frame: Sunn Exact Titanium Proteam (Morati made)
Fork: Sunn Obsys Carbon

Headset: Raceface Real Seal
Stem: Raceface System
Bar: Sunn Brute NK AFAM Concept XC 145g
Grips: Sunn Grigripz

Brakes: Avid Arch Rival 50
Brake Pads: SwissStop Blue Sky
Brake Cables: Shimano XTR
Brake Levers: Avid SD Ultimate

Shifters: ESP 9.0 SL
Front Derailleur: ESP 9.0
Rear Derailleur: ESP 9.0 SL
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XTR
Cassette: Shimano XTR M960
Chain: Sachs PC59
Cranks: Raceface Turbine
Chainrings: TA Specialites
Bottom Bracket: Raceface Taperlock
Pedals: Time ATAC

Hubs: Mavic Crossmax
Rims: Mavic Crossmax
Hub Skewers: Mavic Crossmax
Tyres: Hutchinson Python NG Airlight

Saddle: Flite Ti Kevlar
Seatpost: Raceface XY

Weight: ~ 21.4lbs / 9.7kg

Re:

Having said again that its probably finished, I have been trying to find details of these bikes and considering making some changes accordingly. Details seem surprisingly hard to find, and I guess spec between riders and races might have changed, so pinning down an exact spec might be too difficult. If anyone has any photos, videos etc, I'd love to see them. I think most of the parts I have currently fitted are good, but its probably too colourful with the red ano parts, although I think those look cool.

Anyway, this photo which xxejen posted on page 2 shows some good details of the front end of a late 98 / 99 Sunn team bike. Looks like white Raceface Turbine cranks, Time ATAC pedals, Avid Arch Rival 50s, Avid SD Ultimate levers, white Raceface Real Seal headset, white Raceface System stem, black Sunn Brute NK bar and ESP 9.0SL shifters. Not sure what the grips are - any ideas?
This is pretty much the set up I have, but more monochrome. The bike did come with a black Brute NK bar - not sure if it was original or not, but it has been cut down in length and is too narrow for my liking for actually riding, although the ones in this photo look pretty narrow too.
1593jf.jpg

Re:

Most of the photos I can find are of Christophe Dupouey's bike. A lot of the images show a bike made from Columbus Altec 2 tubing, rather than titanium like my bike, but hopefully give an indication of the spec the team were running. I don't know if the Altec 2 frames came in later in the year, or were used depending on the course or as development throughout the year. I believe one of the big changes was different geometry to suit the longer travel Obsys SCO fork, so the fork being used is a visual give away, along with the cable routing and, if you can tell from the photo, the tubes themselves - I think the Altec 2 has a distinctive triangular section downtube, and the Morati titanium frames have distinctive seatstays.

Looks like Raceface System stem XY seatpost, Turbine cranks, Flite Titanium saddle with kevalr corners, Tme ATAC pedals, Mavic 1st gen Crossmax wheels, ESP 9.0SL rear mech and possibly a Sachs Quar front mech? I think the brakes are Avid Pentaligns too?
Dupouey-1.jpg

Looks like an unbranded Syncros seatpost in this picture. Not sure what the headset is, any ideas?
You can see a blue team bike in the background which I assume must be Ludovic Dubau's or Christophe Herisset's.
dupoue10.jpg

Re:

And some action shots.

Looks like Avid Pentalign brakes possibly, and are those ESP 9.0SL brake levers?
The fork looks like a regular Obsys Carbon to me, but the downtube cable routing indicates this isn't a Morati titanium frame.

Dupouey-4.jpg

Dupouey-5.jpg

Re:

Simply stunning! A unicorn bike! Really love this model and hope to have one some day.... :|

Back