A Bunch of Oranges

It was never going to be a weight weenie. I'm happy with 33lb, I was aiming for sub 35lb but weight wasn't a primary focus, budget was. I was pleasantly suprised when riding the weight difference isn't as noticeable as I expected. It's intedended use is XC/AM/Light FR and after todays first ride I think it will fit that quite well. Pedal bob is also not as bad as I expected if you stay in the seat on climbs. Might look at some more modern 140mm forks but no rush as the Z1's work well enough (except the lock out doesn't seem to work :( )

http://muckynutz.com/index.php?route=pr ... ry&path=46

They get good reviews so thought would give one a try. I didn't get any muck flung in my face today so seems to work, but to be fair it wasn't that muddy. Also think the fat down tube on the Patriot helps anyway. The fender bender also helps keep the stanchions clean, which is no bad thing. I might try it on the O2 as we know how fragile Fox stanchions are. It would fit better on forks without v-brake mounts though.

Yeah that's half the reason i fancy one, got a bit of inner tube stuck between the arch and crown right now, does the job, but crap builds up all over the seals on my brand new fork...

I like that but do not like cable ties used to hold brake hoses like that.

For similar situations, I made clips from plastic milk bottles that are held on by a bolt in the v-brake boss or the more sophisticated and neater way to use a P clip (for car brake pipes) held by a bolt in a stub (Al rod with trhead at one and and tapped hole in other - Z1 shold be M6) to replace the v-brake boss.

DSC06871.jpg

02gf74":2lj9xfnf said:
I like that but do not like cable ties used to hold brake hoses like that.

Why's that?

It's not really clear how the cable ties are used in those pics. I will get some pics, but not now as the Patriot has been stripped of bits to build a Dialled PA (keep meaning to do a readers rides thread for it), and the PA which has the same arrangement. The cable tie on the crown doesn't directly secure the hose, it holds a small cable tie that forms a small loop that acts as a guide for the hose to slide trough. There are cables ties secureing the hose to the rear of the lower stantions, these have sections of rubber washer pipe to hold the hose off the stantion and keep the angle of the hose into the caliper right (not banjo fittings so no angle adjustment)

Back