The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

apache":36mryr49 said:
That's fecking hilarious. What the hell are articulation poles? A cable is there to add or subtract NOTHING from what leaves the source, so how can adding pseudoscience guff improve things? Bullshit, plain and simple :LOL:

Yes, but have we educated Greenstiles yet?

As i say i don't belive in spending more than £100 will help anyone.........all i know is this last cable i got 2nd hand (they only retailed for £65) smooths out the nasties and widens the sound stage........i don't mind if it's all in my head cos my music has never sounded so good ;) ........ :cool:

greenstiles":2374c2ae said:
.i don't mind if it's all in my head cos my music has never sounded so good ;) ........ :cool:

And as I said earlier, that's the crux. You think it's smoother because of linear crystals in the copper, or fairy dust in the silver. I know it sounds smoother probably because of higher capacitance rolling off the ultra-hf harmonics. ;)

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if it's bunk or not if it increases your enjoyment - AND it opens up a new business opportunity for me to sell snake oil filled with unprovable pseudoscience :LOL:

Brought this home tonight...

IMAG0172.jpg

It's a special damping field material which absorbs stray electrons inside my CD player, and adds back the emotion that goes missing when a CD is mastered.

OR it's RF noise absorbing sheet which can be cut to size and fitted to the microprocessor in my CD player to reduce the amount of stray radiated digital hash leaking into low noise analogue circuitry and the DAC.

Obviously I've removed the part number in the pic so I can buy it cheaply from Wurth, put it in a wooden box, give it a name like 'Heimdallr Spacial-R elucidation plating' and charge £499 for it :D

I'd go with a Feng Shui Qi alignment sheet / Spirit Channeler / Aura enhancer / IC Reiki-sink / Karma adjustment mat. :LOL:

Remember to paint the edges green...

Aura Enhancer - I like that...

So, here's my Aura Enhancer fitted to the uP in the CD63. There was a wee offcut and as I don't like waste (especially when it's £50 per inch) I stuck the bits to the top of the O/P opamps :D

Since the last pic, I've only fitted a mains input filter, so I can junk those £3000 Nordost mains cables now... :roll:

DSCF0093.jpg

On a serious note, I'm quite happy to help if you want to fiddle with the insides of your hifi - there are often improvements to be had quite cheaply. I'll even be here to lend a shoulder should you reduce it to smoke and ashes :D

Its not a cloth, it's more a flexible metallic composite with a conductive adhesive backing. I wouldn't have thought you'd come across it outside of EMC engineering.

Yeah I suppose that's where you'd find it, though it's more of a prototyping material than production.

Been designing filters for a problematic job in work today, but over lunch knocked this up for laughs (!)

If you refer to the measurement plot, you'll note it has around 90dB attenuation in the nasty noise area of switched mode PSUs you may have operating near (or in!) your hifi so will remove that noise from sensitive power lines, and is pretty effective (60-70dB attn) up to HF RF frequencies, so will likely knock out all your fridge / heating pops and crackles too!

This one used electrolytic caps, so is suitable for DC only (inside the equipment) but if you use suitable rated caps, it will work for mains too (though substitute common mode chokes so you can do live and neutral in that instance). Don't attempt mains voltage messing about if you're in any doubt. Best case, you'll just blow up your hifi! Worst case...

nastyswitchedmodepsufilter.jpg

Back