KLEIN Adroit Attitude Repaint / Repair

thesneaker":36kfrgzl said:
highlandsflyer":36kfrgzl said:
I reckon it was voodoo.

It really makes shit all difference in my opinion, but remember what adding it to marketing blurb notched up on the saleability.

:)

Adroit's ride stiffer than Attitudes so it does make a diference with the boron carbon in the stays and fork crown.

or the stiffness could be down to the larger diameter downtube, i have ridden a 92 Attitude & Adroit regularly and there is a noticable diference, ask my dentist!

Moonrise looks cool Martin :cool:

Thanks thesneaker. Lets talk about some typical frame problems. Someone welded a whole in the frame and now a bigger area of colour is ruined because of to much heat when welding. A well known problem is also chainsuck. There are also some chips all over the frames I like to repair.

The first step is removing all of the brown areas and smoothen the hard scratches at the chainstays.

Klein_Attitude_ETOE_Repair1.jpg

Using some body filler last little scratches will be filled. After filling and sanding all damaged areas the next step is applying some etch primer on all these areas.

Klein_Attitude_ETOE_Repair2.jpg

Using white etch primer helps saving white base colour. After the application the frames needed to sand them again and the next step is spraying the neon and reconstruction of the logos.

Klein_Attitude_ETOE_Repair3.jpg

Klein

Love to see the work your doing Martin! No matter if its a Klein or any other bike.. Also the work for AX lightness is stunning.

The next step is the application of white basecoat and then the neons. I fade a bit around every area needed to fix and then I spray around a bigger area with the neon.

Klein_Attitude_ETOE_Repair4.jpg

I saw an MC2 nightstorm Klein today, restored by 1Martin, and the paint work is beautiful, even up close, I couldn't fault it at all. just thought I would share :cool:

Nightstorm

bluedazzler":3idgchsv said:
I saw an MC2 nightstorm Klein today, restored by 1Martin, and the paint work is beautiful, even up close, I couldn't fault it at all. just thought I would share :cool:

Which one ?

Back