Proflex 857 project

That could build up into a really nice full-sus xc bike, the frame with carbon swingarm is pretty light even by todays standards.
One thing to look out for is the rear shock losing it's damping, if it's a Noleen shock then there's a company called Mick Gardener Racing in the UK who could service it for you I believe, or Risse Racing make compatible shocks, other than that it's a custom adapter job to fit a modern shock.

I like the Hope adapter for the rear disc caliper, looks like it will last another 15 years of abuse no problem!

As for the forks, whilst for me the Girvin/Crosslink forks are a thing of beauty I wanted something a little lighter, more plush and more adjustable and which would take a disc caliper, so the Crosslinks had to go in favour of a regular telescopic fork.

Here's mine anyway, last weighed at 27lbs before changing the fork...

IMG_0944.jpg

Cheers for the tips guys, the bike is now in bits and all cleaned up, still unsure what to do with it, as it feels very large to me.

Very nice jimo476 I have one VERY similar one or two bits to finish but it should squeak 24lb .

Back