Looking for a new car - any advice.

My sister had a couple of Foresters and loved 'em. How about a Subaru Legacy estate. Friends boss had one some time ago and his model was a real looker imo and lovely to ride in. Can be had for peanuts too.

Something like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-56-SUBAR ... 2ec21432b6

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
GT-Steve":2qk9ck35 said:
Bullpup":2qk9ck35 said:
How about a Subaru Forester?

Had a look at one, but not really all that keen. :oops:
Wash yer mahf aht!
Why not? They are very , very quick, comfy, reliable, and the build quality knocks spots off this euro junk. OK, 30mpg is nothing to shout about, but you won't spend ANY money on repairs.

I had one for 8 years. It was the best car I've ever had, so I'm getting another!

brocklanders023":ld7uqksi said:
There's always good and bad I guess.

My comments were based on these examples:

1- 53 Reg A3 100K-ish. Loads of electrical problems, each costing hundreds to fix. MOT bills over £500 for the last 3 years. Car is not used much.

2- 54 Reg A3 120K. Alternator went leaving driver stranded, £600+ bill. Turbo went, stranded again with £500+ bill. Other little probems in to the 100's with all work done at mates rates.

3- 07 Reg A4 with average miles. Engine blew up costing thousands.

4- 06 Reg A4 100K. Loads of little problems with parts costing a lot. Lad at work does the work and is always over the pit.

All these examples are friends or work mates cars and are treated well with proper servicing. Wouldn't have one given now.

VAG group make some of the best diesels around. Admittedly I had to replace my alternator the other week, which was £320 + labour, and the aux belt etc, but that's mainly because my wife ignored the car telling her something was wrong when I was in Spain, and the belt knackered everything. Yes, they need looking after, but they are fast, and reliable. I don't have an Audi, but a Seat which is basically the same, as are VW, Skoda, Mazarratti and Bugatti etc

Back