Lance Armstrong

How do you define conclusive evidence?

Murderers have been found guilty where there has been no body found, based on credible witness statements, corroboration, motivation, opportunity etc.

If this is good enough for something as serious as murder then it is certainly good enough for doping.

Years ago i thought the rumours about him were based on jealousy but based on what has come out recently i genuinely believe the old saying is true in the arguments supporting Lance Armstrong: "there is none so blind as those who will not see".

sylus":2qq6znqx said:
There was no reason for the delay no matter what the usda claim

There's one very obvious reason. It gave those that testified against Armstrong the chance to get to the end of the season and retire before their suspensions began. Those that aren't retiring get to sit out their suspension during the close season and don't miss much of teh main european based season next year. Six months suspension for the amount of doping they did is pitiful even if they have done a deal to spill teh beans on Armstrong.

Kerplunk":312ntux1 said:
sylus":312ntux1 said:
There was no reason for the delay no matter what the usda claim

There's one very obvious reason. It gave those that testified against Armstrong the chance to get to the end of the season and retire before their suspensions began. Those that aren't retiring get to sit out their suspension during the close season and don't miss much of teh main european based season next year. Six months suspension for the amount of doping they did is pitiful even if they have done a deal to spill teh beans on Armstrong.

If that genuinely is the case then it would rather prove the witch hunt claim

The usda would allow banned/to be banned/suspected drug cheats to continue to professionally race in order to get a retired no longer professionally riding cyclist

It also shows that those who assisted the usda have indeed been offered preferences/inducements to do so to save their own bacon rather than "for the good of the sport" and as such would cast doubt over some of the testimony offered against Lance

Not surpising to those who have followed the usda's behaviour in this matter

"Lance will always have those that believe him to be the most important cyclist of his generation.."

Yep. This. Been an open secret that he doped for years. People, they all doped then. Every single one of them. The ones who won, anyway,the elite.

Lance is the prize, the one they want to get. Despite the failure to "get" him,over an entire decade.

Certianly if you believe the public declaration of the usda then they claim to be trying to purge the sport of drugs

By actions however to collude with known and self admitted drug cheats and let them to continue to race at the same time whilst offering them a discounted sentence ..then you do have to ask

is this about drugs in racing, or about getting Lance at all costs no matter who suffers afterwards?

Oh, come on! Justice systems the world over use informants and criminals who turn and give evidence.
And they get inducements in the form of reduced sentences and on occasion immunity.

If those that support Lance Armstrong really do believe that USADA is dreaming up a false claim just to bring down an innocent national hero and that all the witnesses are lying just to get some reduced sentence or other leniency then there is no way they will ever be convinced other than seeing videos of him doping.

For what it's worth heres my take on Armstrong. The guy survived brain and bollock surgery to rid him of cancer, and whether the bike races he subsequently won were as a result of doping I don't care one iota, the guy beat cancer himself and has raised millions to help others do the same. That's what's really important here.

I hear that jimmy Saville was a decent cyclist and marathon runner who raised millions for charity.

That's all that matters really.

gerryattrick":2n6bewbn said:
I hear that jimmy Saville was a decent cyclist and marathon runner who raised millions for charity.

That's all that matters really.

We're all entitled to our opinion of course, but I can't see the relevance of a comparison to a suspected paedophile?

Back