Haldon Retro-ride Sunday 21st October

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Haven't had one in ages.......so sign up for a fun day out up on Haldon :D

Normal score: meet in the car park at 10am, to set off for 10.30am.

First a loop of the red-run (about 7 miles), back to the cafe/cars for a coffee, and then a further loop taking in some of the non-waymarked bits for anyone still feeling fit.

Tom

Need to check if the Mrs is working that day... If not - I'm up for it!

But could I take my modern Kona? Marin got stolen, I have no other bikes... :roll:

Run what you brung - they're all bikes ;)

I've been out on retro rides on something as old as 1990, and something as new as 2004, so it's all good.

ajantom":3g03kusf said:
Run what you brung - they're all bikes ;)

I've been out on retro rides on something as old as 1990, and something as new as 2004, so it's all good.

2004 is retro comparing to my 2012... :LOL:

I'm going there tomorrow morning to pre-run the course ;) Anyone not working fancy going?

I'm leaving Newton Abbot at 9.30, riding will take me about 1hr 20min, so 11 am is the time ;)

shame your doing this tomorrow, will be at my cousins wedding! My grandmonther lives in Dawlish, so very possible for me on 21st. Will have to look into logistics. Think my father in law is staying with us that weekend, so could be a good excuse to not be here.

I can bring a spare 19" DiamondBack Axis Pro, 91, if you'd rather ride rigid retro

Pyro Tim":3jzh08yl said:
shame your doing this tomorrow, will be at my cousins wedding! My grandmonther lives in Dawlish, so very possible for me on 21st. Will have to look into logistics. Think my father in law is staying with us that weekend, so could be a good excuse to not be here.

I can bring a spare 19" DiamondBack Axis Pro, 91, if you'd rather ride rigid retro
Wooow, dude! That would be ace!!! :D

How often are you in the area?

not all that often to be honest, I'm a bad grandson. I was there at the weekend though, and cycled Devon coast to coast with my uncle. Me on a 95 Axis, him on the 91 above.

Have to talk to my wife this evening about getting a pass for the 21st. If I get one, I'll bring both bikes, so you can ride the Retroride on a Retro beast

Bikes are for riding, not hanging on walls

Back