Whiplash claims

gerryattrick":j545rq84 said:
God knows how these vultures find out about such accidents and I can fully understand how people eventually do claim as it seems so easy.

It does make you wonder; I've had at least 2 calls telling me someone in my household has had an car accident when they haven't. :twisted:

In my opinion, insurers are now getting bitten by a game they started and that suited them it the past.

Years ago 'Whiplash' claims were a little known part of the process of claiming on insurance. It was a very important stage in claiming after a 'write off'. When your car was written off the insurers would only offer sums many thousands less than it was ever possible to buy a replacement car of the same year and mileage etc.

Most people then did not know that there was a game to be played. The way around it was to claim that whiplash occurred. At the time you did actually have to go and have treatment etc which was all paid for. However, the important stage of the game was to claim for 'Pain and Suffering' and it was this stage in which it was possible to make up the shortfall difference from the original offer. At the time, insurers obviously made a tidy sum from those who were ignorant of the rules of the game.

Since then, lawyers have caught up with the game and play it constantly, and the insurers are now crying 'foul'.

02gf74":3hyznqmr said:
It does make you wonder; I've had at least 2 calls telling me someone in my household has had an car accident when they haven't. :twisted:

I've had a couple of those too. I assume they're some sort of scam rather than from any sort of legit (ha!) insurance company.

I agree. I had a rear end last year and the insurance wrote the car off. I didn't claim for whiplash because well... I didn't have it. I was encouraged to claim by people I knew ironically citing high insurance rates so "get some money back"
Why would I claim for something I didn't have? That's insurance fraud right? Secondly even though it's listed as a non fault accident and the insurance bill was completely covered by her insurance my premium has risen by over 40% Which I am assured has nothing to do with my claim but a overall rise in costs including, yes personal injury claims.
I guess I should have been dishonest and got the extra, smiled bought a bike or something knowing the insurance will be getting the money back sooner or later anyway.
Maybe it's just me but there you go, crime doesn't pay but I guess neither does honesty

My brother in law 'tapped' into the back of his mates car at a shocking 2 miles per hour, the end result was a small crack in the bumper.
We discussed about me getting a replacement bumper and that i'll respray it and fit it, he agreed.

End of it my brother thought :shock:

Then a copper came knocking on my brothers telling him he had fled the scene of a road accident he then explained what
had gone on off and that it was sorted but the copper said the other occupancies have no account of this and are to sue and
claim for the really bad accident which put a three inch crack in the bumper, my brother in law contacted his insurance company
and they said they will sort it out as it was only a very minor bump.

Well three months later there was a phone call from the insurance telling me bro' that the otherside were putting
in a mass claim for whip lash and frightening nightmares and could no longer sleep because of the bad accident.

In short my brother in law's insurance premium trebled which was at just over £700 now estimated to around £2,200 after this so-called bad accident.

The two tossers who made the fake claim was rewarded over £25,000 to both by settling out of court.

Several weeks later we saw the two tossers driving a brand new car and the bitch in the passenger seat gave me brother in law a big thumbs up.

After some time had passed he spotted his so called mate and pinned him up against a wall
and he got it out of him that he only wanted a replacement bumper but his wife talked him out
of it and claim like every tom dick and harry do these days.

I'll not tell you what my brother in law did to their nice car a few weeks later but it was quite satisfying for him.

Whiplash will come on you within 24h if not immediately obvious.
Mine is about 5 years old and still with me at times.
Excessive mouse use in gaming.Wearing a rucksack or shoulder bag[like the retrobag]
Starts of with a slight tingling sensation in the damaged area.that then becomes a burning sensation which gets worse untill it feels like its locked up and a bit of a spasm when you move it.
Mind you mine was at the far end of nasty,it was serious enough to warrent a scan and the report that it wass likely to be with me for a very long time if in fact it heals at all.
TBH i should have sued the council as it was their fault at an unlit roadworks.It has without a doubt been F***ING horrendous these last few years :(

We were hit from behind at such force that neither child in the back seat even woke up. Details were exchanged and their slumber continued.

What followed was 4 weeks of what can only be described as harassment. We had up to 8 calls a night trying to get us to have ever more lavish courtesy cars and claim for any malady we had ever had.

They were quite aggressive and did not seem to have the phrase "no thanks" in their lexicon.

It took along time and much cursing to get them to understand that I didn't need the services of a claims management company.

I for one salute your moral compass.

Some theiving little scum bag rolled backwards into me, cracking my front indicator only, and the little shite put in a whiplash claim stating that I had hit him at "at least 35mph".......despite my continued persistence and willingness to my solicitors that i will go to court, stand under oath and call this blokes bare faced lies out, the insurers buckled 18hrs before the court date, paid all costs and awarded him £2700!

Mate got rear ended, other guys fault fair and square, genuine whiplash case, but he hasnt claimed on moral grounds, rather just accepting the payout of the written off car.... all fine, only for the other guys insurers to question 18months later some of my mates insurers costs. Turns out the TDi Scirrocco that he was given (didnt ask for) for 2 weeks was being charged at over £3000 per week! Its one insurer trying to rip off the other insurer, which then filters down to us and our pockets

THEY are the theiving scumbags in all this!

G

Back