Demon Frameworks mtb, pro pics on page 14! update 25/12/21

lack of riding it, as i have said before is because of lack of having it! 2 weddings, and then some of the worst weather in, well i was gonna say ages but that would be silly, was gonna be out on it today but got dragged in to helping out a friend with a charity thing he's doing, it's been looking at me saying "come on get me dirty!" and it will get it's way soon enough!

not sure what you're getting at with the "but that Fox is incongruous, like going jousting with a light sabre" comment though, i checked the dictionary meaning of the word "incongruous" just to be sure i didn't misunderstand you and it means something that is out of place, it wasn't that i would feel they would be out of place, it's that i don't think they last very well and i prefer rockshox for that reason, and that is a personal choice on equipment, nothing more.

i will at somepoint look at a matching finish though

either way i am looking forward to giving it some abuse soon :D

Sorry, is that a Rock Shox...
I just meant that a matching fork would be so much nicer. It seems daft to have waited so long for such a beautiful frame and then plug a bog standard, incongruous, piece of mass production on the front. That frame is crying out for something better.

letmetalktomark":1vfvfhbc said:
I'm going to come out and say it ...... I don't like it.

I appreciate all the work and the fine touches but it's just not doing it for me. :(

Me neither but I do appreciate all the effort. I think mainly for me the copper finish and square profile 'tubes' are not floating my boat.

suburbanreuben":3kf22qqz said:
Sorry, is that a Rock Shox...
I just meant that a matching fork would be so much nicer. It seems daft to have waited so long for such a beautiful frame and then plug a bog standard, incongruous, piece of mass production on the front. That frame is crying out for something better.

ah ok, understand better now.

but unfortunately, modding/painting everything can't be done all the time

for the record, i don't expect everyone to like it, that would be impossible!

i have no problem with someone saying "xyz is not for me" etc as long as it isn't an out of order comment like we have seen in some threads recently, or if a comment turns into an argument over something else (xx versus xtr etc) i like bikes, but i don't like every bike out there so i get it, it's ok! :D

Harryburgundy":mq0pefpe said:
I think mainly for me the copper finish and square profile 'tubes' are not floating my boat.
its the square tubes that do it for me, if only the rest of the frame was square! :D :LOL:

suburbanreuben":mq0pefpe said:
It seems daft to have waited so long for such a beautiful frame and then plug a bog standard, incongruous, piece of mass production on the front. That frame is crying out for something better.
What would you fit to the front? I know what I would fit but not sure if they are classed as trick enough ;)

1210tech":1mjmud0b said:
What would you fit to the front? I know what I would fit but not sure if they are classed as trick enough ;)

Either, I'd have gotten DEmon to make some forks, or Pace RC31s with the pewter tops. They would have been a good match for the lugs, and the carbon would contrast n icely with the copper.

Forks don't have to be trick to work, aesthetically or dynamically.

Tom can do forks to match but i wanted suspension, rc31 forks would suit though :)

edit, i have some aswel ;)

suburbanreuben":5qp9iujc said:
Either, I'd have gotten Demon to make some forks, or Pace RC31s with the pewter tops. They would have been a good match for the lugs, and the carbon would contrast nicely with the copper.

Forks don't have to be trick to work, aesthetically or dynamically.

jonnyboy666":5qp9iujc said:
Tom can do forks to match but i wanted suspension, rc31 forks would suit though :)

edit, i have some aswel ;)
The forks I would fit would be Pace RC40 XCAM Factory Edition, the ones with the gold crown/legs & decals, I think they would look proper :cool:

Back