British Citizenship ?

1st attempt - 6 out of 24
2nd attempt - 23 out of 24 (only coz i clicked on the wrong answer)

why is information form the census held secret for 100 years?
and why is it important to know that the proceedings of parliament are called Hansard?

i've never been asked for the Hansard before....

You see a lot the stuff asked on that test most Brits may not even have heard about never mind know about, so the question is why the hell is such guff on the test, or is it those that have written the test have based it on what they believe most Britons know and so any new applicant for British Citizenship must also know it to be a British Citizen ?

Tazio":2ramdsl2 said:
1) What is a sherbet fountain?

2) Name the two main presenters on TISWAS? (instant fail for anyone who says Lenny Henry)

3) You can only eat After Eights after 8pm, True or False?

The other year a South African work colleague asked me for some help with preparation for his Citizenship test... I felt like a right twat, he knew more of the answers than I did! :oops:
It's true that some of the questions are seemingly random facts apparently taken from pub quiz answer sheets. :?

Tonight after winning the pub quiz last week it was my duty to set this week's pub quiz and guess what I did it on, yes this test and the results for the teams twelve in total were very low, like in thirty to forty percent, but I did tell those sitting waiting for the quiz that the questions for this quiz were drawn from the official practice test for those seeking British Citizenship.

The result from the marks is what is being questioned on that test is more than the average Brit knows, those that did the quiz were amazed at the questions and I gave them the web link for further understanding.

The teams consist of normal trades persons, teacher and a few academics, all did badly, the lowest range of marks in months.

Back