Ebay Carbon (Modern Content, sorry!)

1210tech":31kr282u said:
Very nice, I have been looking at these carbon China frames myself since a friend bought a road bike version and was impressed by the quality of it :cool:

One very little gripe though, nothing to do with the frame mind, its the routing of the front brake cable, maybe move to the outside of the fork rather than the inside where it is at the moment ;)

I always run my hoses like that, I guess it may stop the hose being ripped out by branches.

stewlewis":k3pui9zb said:
1210tech":k3pui9zb said:
Very nice, I have been looking at these carbon China frames myself since a friend bought a road bike version and was impressed by the quality of it :cool:

One very little gripe though, nothing to do with the frame mind, its the routing of the front brake cable, maybe move to the outside of the fork rather than the inside where it is at the moment ;)

I always run my hoses like that, I guess it may stop the hose being ripped out by branches.

hmmm, yeah, rather it got ripped out by branches than getting caught inside the wheel, of course the chances of both scenarios happening is slim but you never know

It's just the routing used on the first bike I bought with hydro brakes, I guessed it was for a reason and followed suit.

1210tech":blqpljri said:

DSC06572.jpg

I see what your saying and your not wrong, if you look you can see a protective sticker on the outside from where I've run the cable on the outside when the forks were on another frame (and funnily then people said the cable was routed wrong then too :roll:) ... However the pic is deceptive, the cable is nowhere near the wheel or tyre. I reckon it's just fine ta ;)

Alex Creasey":34k6wqo9 said:
I see what your saying and your not wrong, if you look you can see a protective sticker on the outside from where I've run the cable on the outside when the forks were on another frame (and funnily then people said the cable was routed wrong then too :roll:) ... However the pic is deceptive, the cable is nowhere near the wheel or tyre. I reckon it's just fine ta ;)

just done some more investigation into this and it seems the way you have routed the hose is the most popular, and the way I always route the hose, down the back of the fork leg cable tied loosely around the top of the leg, the other popular way, never really thought that much about it til now :LOL:

1210tech":1agq8i83 said:
just done some more investigation into this and it seems the way you have routed the hose is the most popular, and the way I always route the hose, down the back of the fork leg cable tied loosely around the top of the leg, the other popular way, never really thought that much about it til now :LOL:

All perfectly good options imho... The only prob given these are mechanical discs is the flex in the cables is only the same as v-brakes etc so the cable is more rigid than maybe with a hydraulic hose? But the more rigid cable once cable tied to the leg really doesn't flex or move at all :)

carbon

thats a stunning bike you have there, well done. the whole thing looks just right, the frame looks very good.

drew

Thanks chaps... Wearing slicks at the mo for a bit of winter road riding but it's a really nice ride. Very stiff and responsive... For the money the frame cost I'm over the moon :cool:

Back