The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

I do.. In fact it is an SE so has some of the mods already I think...sitting on the shelf idle and asking to be tinkered with... :D
Got a CD 65 Mk2 SE downstairs in action.

Give me a shout with an email address if you want the circuit diagrams, and let me know how it goes! :)

mute circuits...........what's the best way to remove them.......and aren't they there to lessen fridge pop etc...????

No, they are there to mute internal digital noise between tracks, or at switch on / off which doesn't seem to be an issue with the CD67.

How to remove depends on the model really.

Heres a pic of that interconnect that ' in my opinion' would convince you that some cables really make quite a defference.

It's DCT frozen with a few litz copper wires as the hot wire, and the return is woven into the braid !........i hope the cable designer worked out how the they don't touch as the hot wires inside the braid look bare to me...
dct001_zps23d067d6.jpg

They shouldnt 'sound different'!

FFS! Unless they are physically doing something to a signal by either bad design or implementation, a good cable shouldnt do anything. It should simply connect one component to another and not be 'heard'.

Its simple bloody physics!

Dr_McCoy,_Star_Trek.jpg

Back