Shiny Bottle Cage Bolts

Jcosh

Dirt Disciple
As per the title really. I need four identical polished / shiny bottle cage bolts to complete by bike build.

Does anybody have such a thing or know where they can be purchased?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the ebay suggestions. I am really looking for something with a more chrome finish that really shines.

stainless is the way to go, but if you really want them super shiny then I think your only options are chromed bolts (which will rust), or find some alloy ones and polish them.

foz":2dtkpm4g said:
stainless is the way to go, but if you really want them super shiny then I think your only options are chromed bolts (which will rust), or find some alloy ones and polish them.
100% agree with you foz ;)

Stainless bolts can be polished to a brilliant shine too and most importantly will never rust up

The alloy bolt heads have a tendency to round off, due to being too heavy on the allen key :oops:

These bolts look chromed plated and are from 'yframediscounts' a local shop near me who sells only good stuff.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-Cycle ... 365wt_1271

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the replies. I know this is a simple item. But the to existing ones I have appear to have a nice profile which somehow fits with the period of the bike. They are very shiny, I guess chromed, and have a slightly wedge shaped profile that gets fatter at the frame end and narrower at the the hex end.

Small details I know, but they really ping on the newly painted frame. I was just hoping to find another set the same. Not worried about possible rust as there is plenty of chrome and polished steel already on the bike.

Jcosh":25u6kmoz said:
have appear to have a nice profile which somehow fits with the period of the bike.
They are very shiny, I guess chromed, and have a slightly wedge shaped profile
that gets fatter at the frame end and narrower at the the hex end.
Why not take a picture of 'your' bolt so we know what you are looking for :cool:

Ian Raleigh":10kpxp9q said:
Jcosh":10kpxp9q said:
have appear to have a nice profile which somehow fits with the period of the bike.
They are very shiny, I guess chromed, and have a slightly wedge shaped profile
that gets fatter at the frame end and narrower at the the hex end.
Why not take a picture of 'your' bolt so we know what you are looking for :cool:

Here you go:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 238
There are plenty of those types on ebay but alas they are in Stainless or Titanium.

They are only bolts you know and the cage will partially hide them and when the bottle is in place they will be hidden.

On my Gios I had some nice Campag' bolts which had seen the best years of their life and made it my
quest to find some exactly the same but after weeks I gave up and 'Tel' a forum friend got me a nice
pair of Stainless steel bolts which looked the business and really happy with them.

Ian.

Ian Raleigh":28isvlm4 said:
There are plenty of those types on ebay but alas they are in Stainless or Titanium.

They are only bolts you know and the cage will partially hide them and when the bottle is in place they will be hidden.

On my Gios I had some nice Campag' bolts which had seen the best years of their life and made it my
quest to find some exactly the same but after weeks I gave up and 'Tel' a forum friend got me a nice
pair of Stainless steel bolts which looked the business and really happy with them.

Ian.

I realise this is being a little obsessive. But thought I'd see if others have had the same desire as me. Do you mean Tel as in Tel the crank engraver? if so i will ask him as he did some work for me a on my cranks as part of this restoration.

Back