Cook Bros Racing Alpine Circa 1983

FirstFlight

Senior Retro Guru
Haven't found out much about these bikes. The info I got from the previous owner said they were made in batches and this was from the third and final batch in 1983. The components that came with the bike would be indicative of a bike from then so it is possible. We built it up with mostly era correct parts. The Cyclart paint is a little tattered. The Reynolds 531 tandem bladed fork needed a little straightening (not perfect, but better) and a brake mount repair. A guy from one of the local NASCAR teams was able to repair the brake mount with very minimal paint loss. The loop stays with plate drop outs are pretty neat but the derailleur mount sure looks vulnerable. The only other one I have seen is the yellow frame at the MBHOF. Anyone else have any more info?

More pictures and details @ MOMBAT: 1983 Cook Brothers Racing Alpine

alpineside.JPG

alpinedrop.JPG

alpinefork.JPG

Wow that's nice I didn't know cook bros manufactured bikes, Love the fork too :cool:
any chance of some more pics please,
Lee.

mrlee":3rn1cl14 said:
Wow that's nice I didn't know cook bros manufactured bikes, Love the fork too :cool:
any chance of some more pics please,
Lee.

If you follow the link in the original post, there are a few more photos.

So nice bike !
I love the fork too…
Some first Cook bros parts on it, like crankset, seatpost or other BMX parts ?

24pouces":1gwvr1rv said:
So nice bike !
I love the fork too…
Some first Cook bros parts on it, like crankset, seatpost or other BMX parts ?

It would be nice to add some more CBR parts to it if we run across them. Just built it with some era-correct parts that we had at the shop.

Thats really cool, not pretty I don't think but I just really like it.

Latest posts

Back