Demon Frameworks mtb, pro pics on page 14! update 25/12/21

The stem's too fat, looks heavy on top of such nice tubes.
Aside from that, yeah it's alright I guess ;)

Jammy git!
:p

stewlewis":2k9t85l3 said:
The stem's too fat, looks heavy on top of such nice tubes.
yep, I agree, maybe Tom could knock something sexy up, in-keeping with the frame.

apart from that, that is one very sexy bike, one day if I win the lottery...... :D :cool:

Johnny,

It will look even better covered in rain.

Get some pics of it wet!

I am loving it, but I am still thinking the forks could be matched to the tubes to great effect.

:)

I'm going to come out and say it ...... I don't like it.

I appreciate all the work and the fine touches but it's just not doing it for me. :(

letmetalktomark":wsxr8kno said:
I'm going to come out and say it ...... I don't like it.

I appreciate all the work and the fine touches but it's just not doing it for me. :(

Well, I didnt want to be the first to say anything negative... :shock:

I love the bike, the geometry is perfect, and the individuality is great...but, I just dont like the colour!!!! I think it should have stayed plain, with the only detail being a Reynolds 853 decal.... :oops:

hey, i don't expect everyone to like it, that would be impossible, at the end of the day it's what i wanted, which is what having a custom bike is all about. regarding the colour, i can get that, i was totally unsure originally as i was gonna be painting it but i went for the copper option because it was so different to anything else i'd seen out there.

the thomson finishing kit i felt was the best option, nearly all matching (except for the easton bar) but the main reason i went for it was because it is truly bombproof stuff that doesn't break and tends to stay looking good long term, as much as i like raceface and easton stuff i have found on some of my other bikes it tends to look worn way quicker than thomson mainly because it has some kind of finish unlike thomson which is raw.

:)

I think it is natural that as soon as something veers from the norm opinions polarise.

That finish will look even better in the flesh, and will only grow more beautiful as time goes on.

For me it has the looks of a classic café racer.

The lugs are gorgeous.

Please tell me the only reason you haven't ridden it yet is because you're waiting for a matching fork.
The workmanship is stunning, but that Fox is incongruous, like going jousting with a light sabre.

Back