Raleigh Banana Bike

Percybigun":3evlc8qw said:
I've just fitted these calipers to my kellogs and they are brilliant, powerful, look very cool in black, and only £30 for a pair

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/campagnolo-velo ... -calipers/

They are dual pivot so far better than old raleigh brakes. I had to fit the long stud caliper on the rear. Along with new brake cables (only £2) the brakes are awesome, even with the original weinmann alloy levers (mine still work great so not worth replacing IMO)

Hope you haven't ordered these yet as I don't think they'll fit without modifying your frame....

I'm quite sure that the brakes on the Hi-Ten Banana were nut fitting, these brakes are recess (allen key) fitting, as are the vast majority. Please take a look at the back of your brake and tell me if there is a nut.

I'll see if I can find something suitable hold on...

Erm...can't find any. :oops:

There probably are some....

Might be worth taking it back down to the LBS and seeing if they'll drill your frame to take a more modern brakeset. Unless your handy with a drill?

Tel":2vkrunkt said:
Percybigun":2vkrunkt said:
I've just fitted these calipers to my kellogs and they are brilliant, powerful, look very cool in black, and only £30 for a pair

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/campagnolo-velo ... -calipers/

They are dual pivot so far better than old raleigh brakes. I had to fit the long stud caliper on the rear. Along with new brake cables (only £2) the brakes are awesome, even with the original weinmann alloy levers (mine still work great so not worth replacing IMO)

Hope you haven't ordered these yet as I don't think they'll fit without modifying your frame....

I'm quite sure that the brakes on the Hi-Ten Banana were nut fitting, these brakes are recess (allen key) fitting, as are the vast majority. Please take a look at the back of your brake and tell me if there is a nut.

I'll see if I can find something suitable hold on...

Hi yes there is a nut ,and i havent ordered any thing yet as the B/shop have asked me to call around at the weekend to have a look but i do thank you for your help Brian

I have drilled out the holes on mine, and another before that for A/K fitting brakes. If you go 0.5mm at a time and use a good mains drill (not on hammer obviously) it isn't too bad a job. The forks a doddle but the rear bridge is a pain, Though if you use the longest possible A/K nut ( or the one off a seat binder bolt you can get away with going from the outside. It looks nice when it's done! And it's worth it for braes that stop!

The other way around the rear issue is to buy 2 front brakes, drill the front for the A/K and then use a nut on the back because the bolt on a front brake should go through the rear bridge with enough threads showing.

753 ex pro rider

dave rayners 88 team bannana bike in 753

Attachments

• DSC00150.JPG
    DSC00150.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 618
753 ex pro rider

dave rayners 88 team bannana bike in 753

Attachments

• DSC00159.JPG
    DSC00159.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 707
kipperthedog":50etdult said:
I have drilled out the holes on mine, and another before that for A/K fitting brakes. If you go 0.5mm at a time and use a good mains drill (not on hammer obviously) it isn't too bad a job. The forks a doddle but the rear bridge is a pain, Though if you use the longest possible A/K nut ( or the one off a seat binder bolt you can get away with going from the outside. It looks nice when it's done! And it's worth it for braes that stop!

The other way around the rear issue is to buy 2 front brakes, drill the front for the A/K and then use a nut on the back because the bolt on a front brake should go through the rear bridge with enough threads showing.
Hey thanks very much ,its a good idea but im not sure about drilling holes in my prize posession lol could i not just use some very top of the range brake blocks really exspensive ones ,very best wishes Brian.

Retrobike racing

Hi is there any Retrobike racing or is there no such thing ,and if there is where does it take place ? very best wishes Brian.

Back