NOS Merlin 1989

That is lovely but I reckon you are right in that it should have black decals rather than the white.

Great score!

Mmmmmmm very very nice ! :cool: Love the look of the polished thumby mounts too.

:cool: What are the forks, stem and bars? All sooo clean and lovely!!
Love the Tioga Ti cassette....this guy wanted nothing but the best!!

merlinfred":1jvsa70u said:
I suspect that this frame was designed by Tom Kellog and should have black decals.
Does anyone know?

Best Regards
fred

Holy time capsule Batman!!!

Yes, Black decals for this vintage.

Please post more pictures as you build it up.

Merlin

What a stunner! Personally I always found Black comp's go better with Ti than Silver. Will be light as a feather and stunning to ride, what size are the Zee max's? 1.7 or 2.0? :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thank you all for the positive responds on my post. I will try to answer your questions and of course keep posting photos of the building process. Mrkawasaki- I got an unused pulley wheel from my -92 Yeti ARC if you are interested. I don’t know the brand of the stem, HB or the post, but if you look close at the pictures in the early Merlin catalogs you’ll see these items on the complete bikes. Can they be Merlin home brand? The forks are Tange CroMo. They were burgundy metallic painted, just had to repaint it in satin Ti grey with a lite metallic effect. Please forgive me ;-)
WorldRanger- I was always the silver/Ti grey fan, very hard to beat in the evening light, stunning contrast between two beautiful metals. And black wears out thru the years, my very well used -94 still looks stunning. Someday
I’ll rebuild it with all the original parts and post some pics. The tires are Zmax 1.9”
If anyone knows where to get the black decals, please let me know. I curse myself for wasting a set of NOS decals on the wrong bike, the -94 sure needs a new set. But I kind of like the abused look.

Attachments

• yeti roll.JPG
    yeti roll.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 854
Back