WTD Dura Ace crank

Archster

Dirt Disciple
Pref with rings, not in a position to start specifying particulars but:

Please let me know if you have any, I have B/B complete in frame

Thanks

That narrows it down to about 8 models of DA cranks , your BB has a lot to do with what will actually fit !

Agreed, ideally 7410 flavour

Square taper. I'm actually looking at 600 / ultegra at the minute, this period mid 90's seems to be where the cross over from 600 to ultegra occured ?

As some units are labelled both 600 Ultegra ?
The cost of the DA stuff is obscene, baring in mind the technology that's trickled down over the past two decades prob renders this in the same category nowadays as 105 ?

The rest of the bike is DA but I'm swaying off onto a more cost effective method ?

DA 7410 BBs had a 103mm spindle but Ultegra used a different length I believe ,what length have you got there ?

Not sure on spindle length as yet ?
It's a 7410 DA one so I suspect the correct length etc ?

I had seen that one and watching with interest ?
I don't imagine for one Minuit tho that it will be such a bargain by the time the auction ends, I might replace the whole lot with newer bottom end and cranks ?

Archster":3h8zgrd3 said:
As some units are labelled both 600 Ultegra ?
The cost of the DA stuff is obscene, baring in mind the technology that's trickled down over the past two decades prob renders this in the same category nowadays as 105 ?

Yes, Shimano marketed the Shimano 600 Tri-Colour group as Shimano 600 Ultegra.

No old Dura-Ace is still a cut above the modern 105.

I have 1055 NOS 170mm chainsets in at the moment complete. 53T/39t as well. 52T/39T are available too.

I can lay my hands on new 7400 cranks but without rings. Expensive though (~£100). I can get new 7400 big rings too but the inners would have to be 105 and I habe some of those as well.

Back