Happy or Sad

Try letting a wonderful fit GF go who was more than half your age because you didnt want to be a weight round her neck and hold back her future career when she finished uni. Only to see her a couple of years down the road do ALL of the things you gave her up for. Were still in contact but out of respect for her I'd never pass any comments on how things have turned out.

Shes still wonderful :?

Russell":32dsb2yg said:
Best thing my wife every did was get divorced... 'cos then she met me.

One door closes and another one opens and all that.

Yep, that happened to me too!

I think it's the finality of the piece of paper that say it's done, my wife was upset when the decree nisi came through, nothing to do with any feelings for her ex, just the fact that something once happy had ended. It will pass Mr. Burgundy, pick yourself something nice from the walls of your emporium, and raise a glass to the future.

i hate it when kids get used as weapons in seperations.

my mates seperates and the female held him to ransom with the kids and also filled the kids' heads with stories so they would hate their dad. thats child abuse in my eyes and I told her that as well. She didnt speak to me for a few months but sometimes things need saying.

Stuff like this can affect kids for their entire adult lives, its just sick.

Lewis1641, very valid points. And its generally women using the children against men for seemingly no gain (apart from mental abuse of another person?).
Must destroy one parent as much as the kids.

Burgundy, your ok im sure? Did you dwell much on it until you got the letter? Probably not. Just a mark in your book of life but i understand your point.

cyfa2809":1oiqujhm said:
Burgundy, your ok im sure? Did you dwell much on it until you got the letter? Probably not. Just a mark in your book of life but i understand your point.

More than I care to say my friend...but mainly for the life I miss with my children. Access is not quite the same as living with them, by a long way.

But compared to some I see them every day, walk them to school and have a sort of normal life with them.

Been separated 7 years, divorce went through this year and I have been lost since. Back then I could get a job easily and hold a job and I was good at what I did, to the point there were numerous head hunting forays I experienced, but since we separated, I have lost it, no relationships and no jobs.

Therefore I understand relationships are both good and bad for our wellbeing and in a relationship somewhere there is a balance one has to achieve, but that balance is individual and marriages are supposed to be compromises as I was with her for ten years and married six of those years.

Back