RetroBike National Series Rd 7: Long Mynd ~ 14/10/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
theredchili":2ikk3fxy said:
theredchili":2ikk3fxy said:
I'm still a maybe , is it Single speed able ?

Looks like this is out for me . Some MR stuff has come up which I cannot get out of.

Another national ride,another pike.i guess you cannot stand the thought of leaving them forest banjo,s in the distance :LOL:

matthew71":223wfin7 said:
theredchili":223wfin7 said:
theredchili":223wfin7 said:

Looks like this is out for me . Some MR stuff has come up which I cannot get out of.

Another national ride,another pike.i guess you cannot stand the thought of leaving them forest banjo,s in the distance :LOL:

Matt,

Mountain Rescue comes first, perhaps you should try doing something useful with your life :LOL:

theredchili":3tler6rs said:
matthew71":3tler6rs said:

Matt,

Mountain Rescue comes first, perhaps you should try doing something useful with your life :LOL:

He does ...being the constant thorn in your butt ha,ha :LOL: :LOL:

Just spent a day in rain and cloud doing the recce. Visibility poor. Enjoyment high.
The carpark charge is £3.60 for the day and the machine does not give change.

Quite a full day so it's important that we get away on time at 10.30.

The first section of the ride out, and last section of the ride back are both on the road. I suggest that you take a rear light just in case the weather is poor, and could be useful if in cloud.
A real mixture of terrain from shale singletrack to stoned farm track almost all of which rolls well and has good grip. No deep muddy sections.

The pub is primed and will hopefully be able to serve us quickly. It really will help if food is pre-ordered so anyone who hasn't done this yet and who wants pub grub please look at the menu on page 3 and pm me your order. The final list will be sent to Bridges on Wednesday night.

Although the morning and afternoon sections are about the same length, approx 60% of the climbing is in the morning, so have a good breakfast, check granny engages easily, and feel relaxed about walking. I do.

Our route makes the final descent off The Mynd down Minton Batch. This is not steep, but it is long (approx 3K), a bit technical and great fun. There are many great routes down the east side of the Long Mynd and its always difficult to choose the best pay-back for the effort taken in getting to the top. Minton Batch is one of the longest, and probably takes the longest time to complete. It will keep you on your toes.

See you on Sunday
:D

Rob

Quick question about the pub stop in relation to bikes... how do we secure them? Sorry if this is obvious... first national and asking all the n00b stuff. :)

(And why is it the Sunday before the Mynd that the indexing decides to start playing up? :D )

petitpal":2628opca said:
Quick question about the pub stop in relation to bikes... how do we secure them? Sorry if this is obvious... first national and asking all the n00b stuff. :)

Just find a more exotic bike than yours and park yours behind it !! ;)

daj":2yzyk34p said:
petitpal":2yzyk34p said:

As good a plan as any.

rc200ti":98kabz7v said:
daj":98kabz7v said:
petitpal":98kabz7v said:

As good a plan as any.

This is a very good question, I don't have a lock, will there be people there with long chains and locks to loop through all the bikes?

I've risked leaving my bike unlocked at lunch on all the National rides I.ve been to. I think the same goes for everyone else. I'll do the same this time, but the choice is yours.

whats the crack with the pub, does it have a beer garden or enclosed area where the bikes can be stashed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back