Advise wanted; non-retro but new singlespeed

Defiant

Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Guys;

What do guys think of the On-One inbred?

I want a singlespeed as a daily ride,..home->work->home
Only city

Thanks!

Inbreds are good value for money but for city riding you'd need to change the gearing immediately. You might find an On One Il Pompino to be a better bet, either in drop or flat bar versions, as it will come ready set up with road gearing. I think both are a similar price.

I've owned both (actually two Pompinos) but now own neither - make of that what you will!

I'd have to say for singlespeed use the Inbred has to be one of the best,theres a lad in my bike group who rides his regular,cant beleive how light it is,solid built aswell.

xizang":3emx35s7 said:
They're good but not as good as my Voodoo :LOL: IMO ;)

what would a voodoo like yours go for?

this is what i found; Inbred 29"

OnOne Inbred 29" complete 975.00EUR

Slot Dropout disc only frame
on-one Superlight Carbon fork
Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic brakes
Truvativ Firex 33t SS crank with external bearings
Kenda Nevegal tyres
Smoothie Light Headset
Mary bars with 80x6deg on-one stem and TBG grips
Inbred Man saddle on 400mm Twelfty Post
9spd Planet X Dog hubs, running a 18t SS converter kit for easy conversion to gears if you want to.

Attachments

• inbred.jpg
    inbred.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,739
The Inbred and Pompino are fine, just have an IF and Surly that do the job a little bit better

That Inbred 29er has far too low gearing for the road by the way

ededwards":3g76y6ru said:
The Inbred and Pompino are fine, just have an IF and Surly that do the job a little bit better

That Inbred 29er has far too low gearing for the road by the way

so lets drop the question if a Inbred is a good singlespeed,...

what singlespeed should i buy then?
The budget is about 1000 euro, that's the amount my boss wants to pay me for the bike i am going to drive to my work.

budget; 1000 euro (or just a bit more which i have to pay myself)
Route; 6 minutes drive from my home to work
Location; Amsterdam

Hi,

IMO a Surley would be the way to go.I have had one for about six years.
I went from riding a converted Marin Team SS to the 1x1.I got the surley as a stepping stone to a better frame! I thought it would do me for a year or two or until i had the funds for a hand built steel lovely. Well six years later i still have the Surley and no real need for anything else.

For the money its probably the best value frame i have ever owned! And ive had one or two. :D

Cheers,Al

Back