Calling All Orange C16R Owners

Do you have a shim in it? I am having similar problems with a shim installed, the previous owner had a piece of coke can under that type of seat collar as well as the shim. so i might try that and see if the collar is actually thr problem. Will let you know if I solve it.

kiwideturin":11xjrq0o said:
Little help woul be much appreciated :oops: Here is my son's bike (build in progress :p ), what's the exact size of the seatpost (still slightly turning in the seat tube) :?:
That's the 97 in forward-facing slot flavour, for which Orange fitted a 27.2 post with a 27.2 to 29.6 shim.

Judging from the distortion, the post you're using is too small.

Anthony":cvonhsuq said:
kiwideturin":cvonhsuq said:
Little help woul be much appreciated :oops: Here is my son's bike (build in progress :p ), what's the exact size of the seatpost (still slightly turning in the seat tube) :?:
That's the 97 in forward-facing slot flavour, for which Orange fitted a 27.2 post with a 27.2 to 29.6 shim.

Strange my 1996/97 C16R is a 26.4 shimmed to 29.8 ?? Original seatpost and shim, same clamp set up.

Anthony":3hdfv51f said:

I've just check, it's the right seatpost (USE in 27.2 diameter), but wrong shim, it's a 29.4 :oops:

kiwideturin":1olkasdv said:
Anthony":1olkasdv said:

I've just check, it's the right seatpost (USE in 27.2 diameter), but wrong shim, it's a 29.4 :oops:

Very strange?? If you look at the Orange catalogue ;

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/3 ... bd74ce2117

You will see the original seat post size in the C16R spec. Obviously using non standard sized posts require different shims.

Jussa":3no4pwsf said:
Strange my 1996/97 C16R is a 26.4 shimmed to 29.8 ?? Original seatpost and shim, same clamp set up.
If it has a rear-facing slot, the Orange data sheet quotes 30.0.

Jussa":2q2kvja8 said:
You will see the original seat post size in the C16R spec. Obviously using non standard sized posts require different shims.
I assume that's a mis-print, or else they went for a different seat tube after the brochure had been printed. The 98 catalogue says 29.6 for both the Clockwork and the P7. The Orange data sheet says 29.6 for both years.

Anthony":3atda5uh said:
Jussa":3atda5uh said:
I assume that's a mis-print, or else they went for a different seat tube after the brochure had been printed. The 98 catalogue says 29.6 for both the Clockwork and the P7. The Orange data sheet says 29.6 for both years.

Well 29.8 fits perfect, I've got a NOS Orange 29.8 Seatpost in Black and it fits perfect into my C16R should I wish to ditch the shim and original seatpost ? Will get my Vernier Calipers out and double check tomorow.

Ok, spent this evening with my 1996/97 Orange C16R, Removed Original Seatpost & Shim to confirm size.

Original Seatpost = 26.4

Fitted NOS Orange Seatpost without Shim = 29.8

Clamp re-fitted and perfect fit all round :D

Hopefully that should solve the Seatpost issue, I'm guessing the Tech Spec on Orange's website is incorrect but the information in the catalogue is spot on correct.

Attachments

• Seatpost fitted. Clamp & Saddle.JPG
    Seatpost fitted. Clamp & Saddle.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 785
  • NOS Orange Seatpost 29.8.JPG
    NOS Orange Seatpost 29.8.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 785
  • Original Orange Seatpost 26.4.JPG
    Original Orange Seatpost 26.4.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 785
Back