It may be near Easter but don't resurrect this thread again!

sinnerman":2jupaz5o said:
nevadasmith":2jupaz5o said:
This thread is fabulous - full of self importance - here's my addition.

Choose Klein. Choose a YETI. Choose another.
Choose the paint. Choose a f**king attitude, choose night storm, dolomite, horizontal linear and gator fade.
Choose new stickers, debosed decals, and clever stencils. Choose moonrise linear fade. Choose backfire. Choose your forks. Choose klein leisurewear and matching spandex. Choose graffiti and mardi gras on boron carbon stickers in a range of f**king colors. Choose MC1 and burgundy f**king blue on tiny pinnacle. Choose a rainforest or gossamer, read mind-numbing, spirit-crushing Klein ‘artist bitching forum threads, ride it hard or slow or hang it on a wall. Choose a pro painter, take arty pictures, kiss martins arse, kiss jon’s, stay out of the argument yourself. :facepalm:

My Klein has faded pink, chips, rubs and wonky fork decals. It will never be repainted while I have it as then it wouldn’t be authentic (IMO).

Surely you arent telling us that there is a real Klein Original out there that isnt a garage queen, and actually gets used for the actual reason it was made.

Never heard of such a thing......surely an old wives tale, :LOL:

That's pushing it a bit far - been going to work on it recently though :oops:

nevadasmith":nkdp97h8 said:
sinnerman":nkdp97h8 said:
nevadasmith":nkdp97h8 said:
This thread is fabulous - full of self importance - here's my addition.

Choose Klein. Choose a YETI. Choose another.
Choose the paint. Choose a f**king attitude, choose night storm, dolomite, horizontal linear and gator fade.
Choose new stickers, debosed decals, and clever stencils. Choose moonrise linear fade. Choose backfire. Choose your forks. Choose klein leisurewear and matching spandex. Choose graffiti and mardi gras on boron carbon stickers in a range of f**king colors. Choose MC1 and burgundy f**king blue on tiny pinnacle. Choose a rainforest or gossamer, read mind-numbing, spirit-crushing Klein ‘artist bitching forum threads, ride it hard or slow or hang it on a wall. Choose a pro painter, take arty pictures, kiss martins arse, kiss jon’s, stay out of the argument yourself. :facepalm:

My Klein has faded pink, chips, rubs and wonky fork decals. It will never be repainted while I have it as then it wouldn’t be authentic (IMO).

Surely you arent telling us that there is a real Klein Original out there that isnt a garage queen, and actually gets used for the actual reason it was made.

Never heard of such a thing......surely an old wives tale, :LOL:

That's pushing it a bit far - been going to work on it recently though :oops:

Sinnerman takes a bow, and shakes hand of (real) fellow mountian biker.

in the words of a legend and fellow retrobike member....(Joe Breeze).

"the paint is merely a Vaneer".

Fellas i think what people have tried to say is......... its just paint, get out and ride.....!!!

With so much interest, emotion and money involved it shouldnt be that difficult to track down and kidnap some of the former Klein factory painters to make a video, demonstration of all the details of how they did it back then.
Im sure they were proud of their work and would be happy for such a worldwide attention now.
(Do they realize what a market there is for them?)
So when anybody see Gary Klein at some trade show, just ask him who was his favorite painter BITD and its straight forward from there..
Its not that far back.. they all live and work. Probably work in the same field..

I may be wrong here but hadnt Thatcher long gone before Klien paintjobs went wild?

just checked the 1989 catalog and the paint jobs look a bit, er, 'standard'

BoyBurning":26leu6cc said:
@ Rampage - Is that Dennis Thatcher's old cline?

You can totally tell it was resprayed outside a council house.

In fact, the only decent thing about it is the headset - give me a shout if you sell.

Ta, BB.

lol
I gave the bike to my dad years ago, he rides it 100m to the shops and back, that's about it!

Back