Newbie Here folks. Here's a pic of my bike!

I think more the issue could be that your torso is squashed like crazy because of the shorter top tube. That would inhibit handling ability not least the issue that it would ruin your back. It's good you are riding and it's a nice frame but without getting all judgemental, surely your riding experience could be a million times better with the right sized bike.

al-onestare":3lxw3mun said:
I think more the issue could be that your torso is squashed like crazy because of the shorter top tube. That would inhibit handling ability not least the issue that it would ruin your back. It's good you are riding and it's a nice frame but without getting all judgemental, surely your riding experience could be a million times better with the right sized bike.

You could well be right. I do however have the Rockhopper 29er which is just fine. I may well part with the Bonty if something else catches my eye but it's ok for the moment just the way it is. On the other hand my oldest son is coming back from Australia and is hoping to restore a Trek 7000ZX. If that doesn't work out then I'll probably pass the Bonty on to him as it would fit him perfectly.

sylus":tldaopao said:
with the saddle up so high

But it isn't?

So in what way do you find the Bonty uncomfortable? Can't see where you mention it, just that a mechanic said it's too small. Gotta say, I can't see what everyone else is seeing - judging solely from the pics, it doesn't look miles off, although I can see al-onestare's point about it maybe being a bit short in the TT.

beagle":1xuylxv4 said:
sylus":1xuylxv4 said:
with the saddle up so high

But it isn't?

So in what way do you find the Bonty uncomfortable? Can't see where you mention it, just that a mechanic said it's too small. Gotta say, I can't see what everyone else is seeing - judging solely from the pics, it doesn't look miles off, although I can see al-onestare's point about it maybe being a bit short in the TT.

Thanks for this beagle. I think that I was subject to the bike shop guy and so felt that I had to extend the headset for it to be 'right'. However, as I said in my earlier post, the bike just didn't feel right with the extension. After removing it things were ok. Whether or not I could ride it for a long haul without feeling any pains is debatable. Anyway, I'm happy with it once again

I say its fine as it is.

If you're riding for nostalgia, it will do fine. If you want a more technical ride, take the 29er. I gravel grind the hell out of my Pinnacles on NT rides. When I want to get physical, I use my Attitude Race or my Cannondale. It nice, man. Just based on the colour scheme, Im always open for a Niyabinghi, hortical Bobo Dread bike. If you must sell it, you can past the dutchie my way anytime.

Re: I say its fine as it is.

Slammin":31nzrl6r said:
If you're riding for nostalgia, it will do fine. If you want a more technical ride, take the 29er. I gravel grind the hell out of my Pinnacles on NT rides. When I want to get physical, I use my Attitude Race or my Cannondale. It nice, man. Just based on the colour scheme, Im always open for a Niyabinghi, hortical Bobo Dread bike. If you must sell it, you can past the dutchie my way anytime.

Couldn't agree with you more Slammin. Now, I'm also thinking of getting a picture framed of the Bonty with your magnificant description appended to the whole thing. You'll have to remember to keep on my left-hand side. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back