My 1995 Team Marin,to good to ride ?

My tuppence worth. I had a set of those lx combi shifters for nigh on 20 years and they never missed a click. but you will find NOS xt ones if you are really arsed.

The sugino xd600 or impel 700 ( i cant tell the difference) cranks on it are pretty good cranks. I have had them as original equipment on full xt equipped bikes so are certainly not tat.

If i was you i would feel the same way as you do about the lx, maybe not original, but a part of the history of this bike and minty mint.

i think the shop swap out is a good theory, but that the bike was then discounted for sale to your friend.

as people have said it was a relatively large scale production bike, i say love her, cherish her, but ride her and clean and polish her afterwards.

they say a clean bike is a happy bike, a clean but not ridden bike is a very sad miserable bike, sobbing in the back of a garage. calling out to the god of bikes and asking what it did that was so wrong to deserve this fate.

Mr pedigree you will wake up sometimes, you will wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the bike

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
mrpedigree":3jy5vp7u said:
some of these team Marin s did come with the sugino cranks instead of the white industries crank,there is a team marin now for sale on ebay with the same sugino crank fitted as mine ,check out below
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Marin-XC ... m1e72d79fe

Nah, that an component replaced bike from a different year (by the colour of it). You cannot compare other years to yout years bike.

It will have had WI branded cranks on it.
Shop as mentioned will have pulled bits off if somebody wanted to buy them, then fit something else on it in it's place.
It'll then have been sold end of season or through the next years at a reduced price.

As for the Brake Shifters, then if you really want I would get the XT the brake levers and action is much better. and with Marin lite canti's you need all the help you can get.

but by the sounds of it's intended use, why bother.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
kanerdog1x1":388dnr8h said:
was this bike hung up in coombes cycles a couple of weeks ago?
It might of been mate ,the guy that owned it had it in his loft for 13 years,so when he decided to sell it he put it in to a shop to have it looked over ?
The guy i bought it from was from monmouth and coombes cycles is near there ,why did you see it/one in there ?

kanerdog1x1":269eit0z said:
I bet it's the same one. Very clean.
Probably is mate , it would pass for a bike that was a few months old let alone 17 years old :eek:
I am using it but I intend to keep it nice :)

integerspin":377zirev said:
FluffyChicken":377zirev said:
mrpedigree":377zirev said:

Nah, that an component replaced bike from a different year (by the colour of it). You cannot compare other years to yout years bike.
That bikes been on ebay for a while, doesn't look like a Team to me?

You have a lovely bike. If you need some miles putting on it, call me:)

Thanks for the offer ,as the sun was out a bit/ it was dry yesterday i put about 15 mile on it ,they ride so nice ,such a pleasure to ride,so i think i will pass on that offer :D
But yeah your right ,after looking at it more closely that yellow one on ebay doesnt look like a team marin ,i mean did they do it in yellow with solid forks ?

Back