Frankenbike - magnesium, 29er, budget build

:LOL:

is the green finish of the frame a clearcoat? the Tasmin I had was, caused my sandblasters a headache to get it off!

Got round to getting a fork for reasonable cost - Giant Aluminium with 430mm AC so clears the 700c wheel/tyre combo well and doesn't push the front up too much. Weight just under 1kg - so not Pace RC31 territory but then again neither was the price. :)
Now put the wheels in and I think it looks quite pleasing, just about enough clearance with the 700x35C Conti Speedkings do you think ?

zelos_700c_1_zps6e6ef472.jpg

zelos_700c_clearance_zps702a2049.jpg

Next mission will be brakes so seeing as I have a pair of old SD7 levers then will go for some cable operated calipers unless some Juicy's or similar (like I had and sold - doh ! :facepalm: ) can be found for a good price.

I've just picked up a set of Hayes MX4's for a good price so they'll be going on soon. BB7's are no doubt better but I'm determined to keep the costs as low as possible and this is no downhiller so as long as it stops .... :)

The big question is what colour should I paint the forks ?

trek_y":325oxhzk said:
I've just picked up a set of Hayes MX4's for a good price so they'll be going on soon. BB7's are no doubt better but I'm determined to keep the costs as low as possible and this is no downhiller so as long as it stops .... :)

pink obviously

:LOL:

matt black!

Got some pink paint you need to use up Mr Rats ? :LOL:
I'd like to colour match the forks to the frame but expect thats a real long shot so its probably got to be black or white .... yawn.

trek_y":2cxdbya5 said:
Got some pink paint you need to use up Mr Rats ? :LOL:
I'd like to colour match the forks to the frame but expect thats a real long shot so its probably got to be black or white .... yawn.

*cough* no! :LOL:

matt black = safe, or maybe the same blue as the Carrera logo?

trek_y":1l4vbaon said:

Blue, same as the decals, the angle of the forks will match the decals on the top/down tubes, you can ad some black pin stripe accents horizontally on the forks too.

Latest posts

Back