GBR banned from track cycling

Carlos the Slackal":2iy4hh14 said:
orange71":2iy4hh14 said:
why are we so good at track but never really show in Europe on the Tours?

Because we're clean.

Sorry for my cynicism.

Superb display by the track team though, simply superb!

More cynicism here - the drugs thing, but also 'cos the track and olympic medals are the only thing that British Cycling (ie the BCF) care about. Hence the selling down the river of the only decent cycling facility in central London - Eastway - in return for a post 2012 track on the greatly reduced site.

Cycling is the only sport that will be worse off in the Olympic legacy than it was before the bid for the 2012 junkies sport fortnight was accepted.

End of rant.

Stick Legs":3scxj30y said:
9 gold! :shock:

Saturday arvi was the first bit of Great Reality TV I've ever seen.. Simply fantastic..

The Madison was edge of the seat stuff!!! And Hoy!! What an amazing race in the Kierin!! Epic vewing..

Well done Team GB :cool:

kingroon":1yp6ft01 said:
And Hoy!! What an amazing race in the Kierin!! Epic vewing..

Incredible rides in the spint and keirin - the guy is pure class. The whole teams achiements makes me proud be British! :D

Saw Chris Hoy in the sprint qualifying on Thursday. He came up against Theo Bos and messed up the first of the three races so badly that he didn't even contest the last lap. Pressure well and truly on he squeaked the second leg. On the decider he was well down for the whole lap, still well down coming off the last bend and somehow won by an inch. Absolutely thrilling stuff, Theo Bos was so 'gone' that he didn't contest the 5th to 8th place race at all.

As good as the three golds were on Thursday, Chris Hoy somehow coming over the top of Theo Bos to win in the decider topped the lot

Back