Any light recommendations??

Troute upgrades them with XML U2 LEDs and a new driver for about £75. They then put out a geniune 1000+ lumens. If its the mk1 you have and you are a bit handy at soldering etc. you can do the upgrade yourself for even less money.

It always amazes me why people pay so much for Hope Vision 2's on ebay. They are very old tech now. The mk1 is only 300 lumens and the mk2 is 480. You can buy all in one (no seperate battery pack) commuter lights with the same sort of power and burn times brand new for the money that second hand vision 2's go for on ebay. Alot of people sell the mk1 qouting the specs for the mk2 too and claiming them to be almost new, they stopped making the mk1 over 4 years. I know all this because I've been trying to pick up a cheap mk1 to do the Troute upgrade on. I've been bidding on one recently with no proper battery, it comes with some unknown cells that the seller claims could be built into a battery pack if the buyer can solder. Hard to make water tight though. That one is already up to £50 with 14 bids and a over a day to go. Unless all these people want to do the troute upgrade they's be better off buying one of these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... tAodkDoAew

wow crazy double post.

hmm mine seem ok as is as just doing fairly basic off road pootling. may get him to do it for £75 for xmas though :D

I used to own Nite Rider Mini, 110 lumens - not much, but it worked well, even during moderate-speed winter-night rides around Dartmoor. But it got nicked with my bike...

When getting a new bike I bought some Lezyne Mini Drive. Small light, 150 lumens. Unbelievably short battery life. Good as "be seen" option.

Then I got a Magicshine MJ868. £79.99. Maaaaan! My life has changed. I do a night ride every week, Dartmoor and Totnes are, I also commute with it everyday - this light is fantastic! Powerful, nicely made and the battery package seems very solid (it looks better then on higher Magicshine models actually). Highly reccomended.

Back