Brighton Cruise (Tour de cake) Sunday 20 or 21st October

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobCatMax":3ctwmvdj said:
Can I suggest a start at Carrots instead of an early cake stop? That way, If people want coffee/cake they can get there a bit early & ditto on the way home

I agree with Anthony, that it's busy and a bit rubbish...thoughts?

Dont go there..... :?

just start down that way some where and stop at the better ones further on ??
just my thoughts ...for what its worth ;)
Mick :)

BobCatMax":ix54f0a1 said:
Can I suggest a start at Carrots instead of an early cake stop? That way, If people want coffee/cake they can get there a bit early & ditto on the way home
I agree with Anthony, that it's busy and a bit rubbish...thoughts?
One advantage of starting at Carat's is that there's easy car parking there - I don't know whether it's free, but I could check that next time I pass if anyone is interested.

Note that the undercliff path at the Marina is currently closed again for more works. I don't know how long for. You can bypass it though, either by going through the Marina and taking the footpath along the eastern wall or by going up to Marine Drive at the top of the cliff and then dropping down to the undercliff again on the slip road.

Were they about when we were there last year as well ?? seem to remember passing hungreds of them dressed up in the old stein area :shock: ..or i could just have been down there by chance when the zombie dead were having a party :LOL:
Mick :D

I think I can make this ; I have a rare Saturday off :D this looks like a nice gentle 1st RB ride for me.

Currently both days are looking fairly good, with Saturday looking the less windy of the two.

I won't be on retro this time, as I suspect i'll be cycling from Angmering if the weather isn't wet and windy. Anyone is welcome to join me or meet up on the way.

do we have some meet up times? - Last year was 10am for a 10.30 start, if memory serves..

Might take you up on that BobCatMax ; depends on how fast and merciless you are :oops: What sort of time will you leave Angmering? My plan was to get the train straight to Brighton but a few road miles sounds good ; so could meet at the train station maybe?

Like Satan himself, I'm afraid...

heh, I'm not that bad. It's 13 miles from my house, so that's about an easy hour..meet you at Angmering station for 9am?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back