INTENSE thread new or old....

I just snagged this, and I'd love to know when Intense started making the Uzzi SL-based on what I'm seeing (the bike will be here in about a week) I'm thinking this is a '97 based on the parts and the Intense-badged Bomber fork. What year did they switch from the 'open' E's in the decal to the closed? If anyone has any input I'd love to hear it. I'll post more pics when it arrives.

T2eC16Z0E9s37HkTGBQRPzHvTZw60_57-1.jpg

marky mark":iu7x8ucq said:
i have never seen decals like that, they might not be original...

nice though...

mark

The decals are somewhat similar to the Tracer pictured just above it.

I'd love to think it's a proto...actually bought it for the crankset but after doing some reading I think it will become part of the stable.

So the above Uzzi arrived a couple weeks ago-despite my pleas and warnings, it was not properly packed, and the rear wheel was sliding all around the back of the box....fork stanchion damage, paint scratches, broken rear shifter....uuuuugghhhh. Nothing I can't deal with (and I got a partial refund from the seller) but the bike was in such nice shape it's really a shame.

IMG_2784_zpsefd2e505.jpg

Aside from the ogre-ific packing, the bike is pure joy. Based on the serial number and the date codes on the components and the fork, it's a 1996!

I'll find a replacement stanchion for the Bomber-it's a repaint with Intense decals and disc brake mounts on both fork legs, I'd never seen that before. The rear shock is in good working order, and all the pivots are great with no play. I pulled the MRC crankset for a different project and installed a black LX, and the XT shifters/brakes were replaced with gripshifters/Arch Rivals which Ms. K prefers. Blue seat is horrid but worked for testing, and I can't say I like the look of that particular Syncros stem on there, but the fit was right. I'll post some updated/more detailed pics when I find a different saddle and get the build sorted.

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

my tiny m1 beside the san andreas :LOL:

82cc27da.jpg

5c7e84a3.jpg

sold it a while ago , lovely frame but i just never took to it :(

Back