Mid 90's Reworked Cinder Cone. Finished pics page 4

I was aiming for sub 24lbs but the bathroom scales say 24.5. I won't know a true weight until I ride it to work. My choice of fork and brakes will not have helped. But while I went weenie in a lot of respects, I will actually be using this thing on a regular basis, it's also been built as a keeper. No intentions to ever sell it.
Yeah forks are F100's. Bought from here and used on another bike for a few months before i fitted them to this one. As above , not the lightest, but tick most of my boxes. Loving the chainrings ;)

Well that was a f#%}+€ing let down! :roll:
Darling daughter fell asleep earlier with family in the house, so I took the opportunity for a quick round the block test ride and came back to a rear wheel soaked in brake fluid! :evil:
After a hose down I found the caliper seals were shot to pieces so I've swapped it for a mini caliper for now. Nothing like the same bite, but it's dry at least and will do the job til I can rebuild the M4.
Not the most auspicious first ride, but aside from that, I definately like it! Felt lovely! :)

First ride!! :D
(posted from the pub, I mean, refreshment stop off) ;)

881AA605-6E0E-4893-AA41-5036DD165038-4343-0000092683FBBA67.jpg

I'm trying to get it muddy, but the tyres aren't picking it up! :)
Just about to take it up the nearest hill for another photo opp, post later :cool:
Impressions so far: light, nimble, climbs like a goat, and overall: "zingy" ... Does that make sense? Not ridden a kona before.

Looks great Bren, a nice day for it too. Love the last panoramic photo.

Back