ALL BECAUSE OF A PICTURE-A TRIBUTE BUILD FOR A NATIONAL HERO

MisterGrizzly":isco4bls said:
Thanks for starting the build and the thread and for seeing it through, and all the contributors too

Touched, speechless but thankful too, can't believe how quickly time can pass but the impact someone can have on another never dwindles, in life or death

MisterGrizzly, thanks for taking the time to post, and it has been a pleasure to build this for sure.

I think Jason McRoy, stood for something here in the uk, he showed that against all odds, you can, if you try hard enough, achieve what seems so far out of reach.

I believe he gave many young mountainbikers hope and inspiration. And he did it with a level of flair too, much in the same way as the great John Tomac, imho.

:cool:

Quote........

if you've ever seen photos of his Specialized race kit, you'll notice the Hardisty Cycles logo on his top, which he insisted on, due to all the help that Margaret Hardisty had given him before Specialized picked him up.

Now thats Respect.... :cool:

Attachments

• JMC Grundig.jpg
    JMC Grundig.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,521
  • mbuk_magazinehardistynike_135.jpg
    mbuk_magazinehardistynike_135.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,521
  • hardisty_racing_122.jpg
    hardisty_racing_122.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,521
  • From racing for Hardisty to the Support and Sponsership from Specialized.....jpg
    From racing for Hardisty to the Support and Sponsership from Specialized.....jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,521
  • JMC MBUK.jpg
    JMC MBUK.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,521
Wowie, what a build. Great work :shock:

I was lucky enough to meet Jason at bike 95 just a few short months before his death, he was with Rob Warner and few other pro's from the day they all took time out to talk to a fellow biker and signed various brochures and posters for me, Jason just stood out as a decent guy with plenty of time for everyone always smiling and will always be my inspiration to ride.

Take a step back and pat yourself on the back, truly a great project and one the mtb'rs of the UK should be rightly proud of all the hard work and effort you have put into this

Ride free :D

What an amazing build, congratulations on bringing it to completion and to our attention.

It's good to see a build based on a truly worthy sentiment rather than just another prettily painted frame decked out with bling.

During 1994/5 I was just getting into mountain biking fairly late in life and starting to read MTB magazines so I knew of JMC but not much about him. Reading this thread has reinforced my understanding of his important contribution to mountain biking.

Nigel

Myles and McRoy doing battle.

Attachments

• 1993-Myles and McRoy .......live fast.jpg
    1993-Myles and McRoy .......live fast.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,048
It stunned me to tears then, and reading this thread again now is doing the same.

Awesome build!

I bought the JMC Foundation Tee Shirts and some of the bike stickers BITD.

I have 1 sticker left. Carl Would you like it to go in your scrapbook?

[/img]

matt24777":1ety9121 said:
It stunned me to tears then, and reading this thread again now is doing the same.

Awesome build!

I bought the JMC Foundation Tee Shirts and some of the bike stickers BITD.

I have 1 sticker left. Carl Would you like it to go in your scrapbook?

[/img]

That would be cool mate.... :cool: thank you... :cool:

Back