Annual leave.

7 weeks annual leave last year. We get 225 hours a year and take leave by the hour, coupled with 24 hour weeks in the summer, I don't work a lot when it's sunny. :cool:

The flip side is four months of 55 hour 6 day weeks.

Truly swings and roundabouts.

you've got to love the catering trade for annual leave... can't take it during kids holidays because its too busy - can't take it in december, its too busy.

I almost always end up taking 3/4 of march off each year because the gaffer won't buy back unused days so its either take them or lose them!

Approx 7 weeks a year (Im not a teacher) + Public Hols.
I dont work weekends and I get every second Friday off.
And Im sitting here with a little over 3 weeks left to take
before the end of the year. I struggle to take my hols because
of the shit I have to sort out when I get back so my minds
always focused on my return, result wasted holiday. :?

jax13":2puddu8k said:
you've got to love the catering trade for annual leave... can't take it during kids holidays because its too busy - can't take it in december, its too busy.

I almost always end up taking 3/4 of march off each year because the gaffer won't buy back unused days so its either take them or lose them!

I am in catering trade too but since switching to education side , it is a lot better . ;)

firedfromthecircus":29yl3rl4 said:
JamesM":29yl3rl4 said:
Where did you hear/read that?

I get 26 and have the option to sell 6 of them or buy 4 more. I thought the legal minimum in the uk was two weeks.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ ... G_10029788

28 days is a bit misleading though as your employer can include public holidays in that. If you get public holidys off in theory the minimum amount your employer actually has to give you is 20 days.

Back