It may be near Easter but don't resurrect this thread again!

FFSake children please. Lets all play nice.

A forum is a place for debate, provocation, exploration, information etc. we all get our retrobike fill here don't we?

Lots of posters are throwing around advice and opinion as to why people shouldn't read, participate, antagonise, bitch moan etc, but it seems to me that on the one hand asking people to butt out and keep their opinions to themselves, then with the other hand exhibit the behaviour that they are complaining about, by bitching, moaning and wading in.

The whole essence of this community is participation, perspective, viewpoints and banter. Asking someone to ignore posts they have a view on (negative or positive, depending on your own viewpoint) is only going to reduce this community. If you can ask someone to leave this thread alone, surely it is not too much of a leap to consider not rising to the bait yourselves (again, depending on your perspective). I'm quite enjoying everyone's perspective, but lets leave the personal jibes alone shall we.

Now, back to the discussion.........

cce":1tobwk34 said:
Were i wealthy (which I'm not) and inclined to be irritating (which I am) I'd get a few kleins and have them powder coated white, or black.

As befits a brand that stirs such polar emotions, I'm still planning a Marmite paint job for my eventual Klein moment. I think it will need a background of wholemeal, then a swirling mix of butter yellow, fading through to sticky brown and eventually yielding accents of deepest tar. Perhaps luckily, I've yet to find either the right donor bike, or a painter willing or able to take on such a commission ....

ps How many Kleinistas does it take to change a lightbulb?

One to take out the old bulb, and 205 to raze the rest of the building before rebuilding it with a central atrium that employs military grade silver wiring to recycle moonlight and fill the space with voice activated mood accents.

;)

doctor-bond":3hg4akem said:
cce":3hg4akem said:
Were i wealthy (which I'm not) and inclined to be irritating (which I am) I'd get a few kleins and have them powder coated white, or black.

As befits a brand that stirs such polar emotions, I'm still planning a Marmite paint job for my eventual Klein moment. I think it will need a background of wholemeal, then a swirling mix of butter yellow, fading through to sticky brown and eventually yielding accents of deepest tar. Perhaps luckily, I've yet to find either the right donor bike, or a painter willing or able to take on such a commission ....

ps How many Kleinistas does it take to change a lightbulb?

One to take out the old bulb, and 205 to raze the rest of the building before rebuilding it with a central atrium that employs military grade silver wiring to recycle moonlight and fill the space with voice activated mood accents.

;)

Thats ******* Brilliant.....pmsl.

Hate is bad we all agree, but as political parties have been brought up, I think there are a lot worse than the Tories (as they were mentioned - I neithe like nor loathe them, along with some others). That said, if I had to direct hate anywhere, most, if not all politicians, parties and activists would get my vote.

Maybe we should try and liken bikes, brands and models to hated political people, parties and policies. Beats some of the other directions this thread could head down.

no, no, no!

How many Klienfans does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the bulb and 2 to argue what colour the bulbs light produces and how pre Trek bulbs were better.

I don't think it's unreasonable for sellers of services to invest through paid advertising in the forums

after all the more they are prominant the more business they get and in a karma kind of way some have beneifted well from the free advertising, so as the site grows, their business grows then a lil bit of money through paid advertising would not be seen as unreasonable as a way of putting back in

As to being shallow, pretentious, sickly fawning...All under rated in my opinion and we could do with more of them :LOL:

My Attitude has a factory polished MC1...

I was going to swap it for a colour-matched one, but think ill keep it 'factory finished' now.

BB

BoyBurning":3tmswvsi said:
My Attitude has a factory polished MC1...

I was going to swap it for a colour-matched one, but think ill keep it 'factory finished' now.

BB

I would love to see it. Have you had it on here before?

No, none of my bikes are up here as I never finish building them!

Endlessly buying frames makes it tricky to finish ones that need a stem or a post or a crankset or a set of levers to finish.

One day I'll have them finished how I want and will have a thread with them all on - similar to Eric's old 'current muses' thread...

But, they'll only piss off Pete cos they're too perfect, or someone else cos the chainrings on the '92 are from '93 production or something.

And I don't want to piss off Pete cos I kinda like him and he has access to powerful movers and shakers.

BB

BoyBurning":2apzwy82 said:
And I don't want to piss off Pete cos I kinda like him and he has access to powerful movers and shakers.

BB

Damn straight! No one messes with me, as BobbyDazzler will find when he wakes up with a sawn off MC1 in his bed;

[godfather voice]' tonight your internal cable routing sleeps with the fishes' [/godfather voice]

Back