It may be near Easter but don't resurrect this thread again!

My tuppence worth. I do have a Klein, not as sought after as some, but it is a rather nice rascal in gator linear fade. It's a garage queen, but not by design, I just don't ride as much any more due to lack of opportunity. When I have ridden it I've ended up with numb feet pretty quickly, I assume down to the rigidity of the frame. Despite this, I do still ride it when opportunities present themselves, not because it is a Klein, but because the paint job brings a smile to my face. It's bright, fun and reminds me of my youth, when bike paint schemes were all bright, luminous and dayglo, and not the characterless ones churned out by the million these days.

Is my Klein going to appreciate in value? Who cares?
Does it make me smile? Yes

It even makes my wife smile (more like laugh at me) when she sees it, and she hates my retrobike addiction, so on that level a Klein can only be a good thing, though its because she thinks its ridiculous to look at, and garishly ugly. All these things are beauty in the eye of the right beholder.

Would I sell or trade it? Yes absolutely, but it would have to be for something that looked equally as good or better (through my eyes).

Oh, I'd love a turquoise Porsche 911 before it looks like a mid life crisis mobile. Why? Favourite colour and favourite car. Nothing more. Not that ill be able to afford one before mid life, which is rapidly approaching my door.

That clockwork above is awesome by the way! What makes it - the fact that it is not simply an orange-white fade paint job.

sylus":1r81ecl9 said:
Fawning over old bikes is wrong????????

dammm where can I find a retro bike forum...but....wait a minute..holllld on a minute

There is fawning. Fine.

Then there is excessive fawning.

Jury out on that one.

:)

pete_mcc":2cu3ekrr said:
Klein did offer a factory polished option early on, I'd love to see how many different ways the repainters could come up with to do that and how many bitchy threads we could have on that!

'you have to polish it anti-clockwise', 'You have to use cashmere polishing cloth'

you're the one bitching, why not just stay out of threads that you don't approve of? ...so others can appreciate the things they enjoy without having to deal with you bitching.

bluedazzler":294mjvtg said:
pete_mcc":294mjvtg said:
Klein did offer a factory polished option early on, I'd love to see how many different ways the repainters could come up with to do that and how many bitchy threads we could have on that!

'you have to polish it anti-clockwise', 'You have to use cashmere polishing cloth'

you're the one bitching, why not just stay out of threads that you don't approve of? ...so others can appreciate the things they enjoy without having to deal with you bitching.

Perhaps you did not get the subtle switch, but we are now in a thread entitled "KLEIN THREAD DISCUSSION DISCUSSION"... Your point is moot, at the very least. This is not a Klein Fanboy Thread. There are plenty of those, every way you turn on the bleedin' net. :)

mkaavin":1edlqiqi said:
pete_mcc":1edlqiqi said:
mkaavin":1edlqiqi said:
...and reading many of the "hate" comments I have to say; I am even more happy to own Klein bikes now! Owning a bike that so many people hate for no apparent reason is just plain joy! :-D

Funny thing is I am not seeing the hate comments for the bikes themselves in this thread. I own a Kline Attitude and while am certainly not wound up in the mystical aura that some place around them I certainly don't hate them. Hating an inanimate object is a little bit of a waste of hate that should be reserved solely for people.

This thread is about the repetitive nature of paint posts and the ever more ridiculous level of pointless detail being applied to the bikes. As Dr bond mentioned earlier, it has gone beyond restoration of a mass-produced bike to appointing some grail like nature to the bike to the point where original bikes are no longer as worthy as some bike that has been licked over with angel-hair paint and blowed dry by hoards of cherubs exhaling.

Reserving hate even for people seems like a waste of time and energy to me. :)

Very true, except for Tories, especially Thatcher with call me dave coming up on the rails.

Puts tin hat on.

brocklanders023":ol47bk9i said:
mkaavin":ol47bk9i said:
pete_mcc":ol47bk9i said:
mkaavin":ol47bk9i said:
...and reading many of the "hate" comments I have to say; I am even more happy to own Klein bikes now! Owning a bike that so many people hate for no apparent reason is just plain joy! :-D

Funny thing is I am not seeing the hate comments for the bikes themselves in this thread. I own a Kline Attitude and while am certainly not wound up in the mystical aura that some place around them I certainly don't hate them. Hating an inanimate object is a little bit of a waste of hate that should be reserved solely for people.

This thread is about the repetitive nature of paint posts and the ever more ridiculous level of pointless detail being applied to the bikes. As Dr bond mentioned earlier, it has gone beyond restoration of a mass-produced bike to appointing some grail like nature to the bike to the point where original bikes are no longer as worthy as some bike that has been licked over with angel-hair paint and blowed dry by hoards of cherubs exhaling.

Reserving hate even for people seems like a waste of time and energy to me. :)

Very true, except for Tories, especially Thatcher with call me dave coming up on the rails.

Puts tin hat on.

did your mum and dad ever live in a council house...?

I wonder if Jon rock will advertise now...? and Gil_M, kinda makes sense to me and legitamises there businesses and makes it easier to find for members thats for sure. And gives Johnn a little bit back for all the years of effort, with the site.

Back