It may be near Easter but don't resurrect this thread again!

What im unsure about is if I throw my powdercoated one in, will it produce a filthier devilish dervish than the one with its original paint? What a cruel predicament I face.

I don't see much hate for them either.

Perhaps a little over exposure.

Well, a lot actually.

There has always been a cottage industry in dealing Kleins. No surprise it extends to refinishing them as well.

I hope someone buys the patents at some point and sets up manufacturing them in China, knocking them out at $1000.

I would still have mine stripped and polished rather than all the ghastly paint schemes.

They are about as controversial as dying your hair red.

Those who do that tend to think they are wild and crazy guys too.

:)

pete_mcc":vy70dp7l said:
mkaavin":vy70dp7l said:
...and reading many of the "hate" comments I have to say; I am even more happy to own Klein bikes now! Owning a bike that so many people hate for no apparent reason is just plain joy! :-D

Funny thing is I am not seeing the hate comments for the bikes themselves in this thread. I own a Kline Attitude and while am certainly not wound up in the mystical aura that some place around them I certainly don't hate them. Hating an inanimate object is a little bit of a waste of hate that should be reserved solely for people.

This thread is about the repetitive nature of paint posts and the ever more ridiculous level of pointless detail being applied to the bikes. As Dr bond mentioned earlier, it has gone beyond restoration of a mass-produced bike to appointing some grail like nature to the bike to the point where original bikes are no longer as worthy as some bike that has been licked over with angel-hair paint and blowed dry by hoards of cherubs exhaling.

Reserving hate even for people seems like a waste of time and energy to me. :)

Anyway, what you describe in the last section of your post is nothing but enthusiasm........and that is what this forum is all about. If you don't share the interest in repaints or grail like worship of Kleins then why even bother to enter the thread and particularly why even post a reply stating how much these Klein threads irritate you? Theres no one in here who force you to even open the thread?

mkaavin":6vhy5pu1 said:
pete_mcc":6vhy5pu1 said:
mkaavin":6vhy5pu1 said:
...and reading many of the "hate" comments I have to say; I am even more happy to own Klein bikes now! Owning a bike that so many people hate for no apparent reason is just plain joy! :-D

Funny thing is I am not seeing the hate comments for the bikes themselves in this thread. I own a Kline Attitude and while am certainly not wound up in the mystical aura that some place around them I certainly don't hate them. Hating an inanimate object is a little bit of a waste of hate that should be reserved solely for people.

This thread is about the repetitive nature of paint posts and the ever more ridiculous level of pointless detail being applied to the bikes. As Dr bond mentioned earlier, it has gone beyond restoration of a mass-produced bike to appointing some grail like nature to the bike to the point where original bikes are no longer as worthy as some bike that has been licked over with angel-hair paint and blowed dry by hoards of cherubs exhaling.

Anyway, what you describe in the last section of your post is nothing but enthusiasm........and that is what this forum is all about. If you don't share the interest in repaints or grail like worship of Kleins then why even bother to enter the thread and particularly why even post a reply stating how much these Klein threads irritate you? Theres no one in here who force you to even open the thread?

It is a open forum.

Members can throw in on any subject they like.

It is about that more than about eulogising certain bikes.

Gosh, if the Holy Grail is a bike you can get hold of for as little as the high end Kleins go for, what is there left to aim for?

There is a certain pompous attitude to be prodded with all this.

Just don't assume those who got into Kleins way back in the day, or have one or two now, find all the fawning and adulating seemly.

pete_mcc":cmegip4h said:
mkaavin":cmegip4h said:

YOU ARE SO RIGHT PETE...., i read this and thought of this........

(sinnerman walks away head low and totally ashamed of himself)

Attachments

• PACE.jpg
    PACE.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 484
highlandsflyer":3s0zdeqw said:
mkaavin":3s0zdeqw said:
pete_mcc":3s0zdeqw said:
mkaavin":3s0zdeqw said:

It is a open forum.

Members can throw in on any subject they like.

It is about that more than about eulogising certain bikes.

Gosh, if the Holy Grail is a bike you can get hold of for as little as the high end Kleins go for, what is there left to aim for?

There is a certain pompous attitude to be prodded with all this.

Just don't assume those who got into Kleins way back in the day, or have one or two now, find all the fawning and adulating seemly.

You don't make much sense........at least not to me....but I'll try to answer anyway.

Of course it's an open forum. What I don't understand is the reason for negative remarks on a scale like this. It borders on hate as I stated earlier.

We have different preferences and if one person don't understand or even has it in him to respect other peoples preferences........then I suggest that it's better to let i be.

Fawning over old bikes is wrong????????

dammm where can I find a retro bike forum...but....wait a minute..holllld on a minute

Let it be?

So your friend with the green GT3 should have said nothing in response to his neighbour then.

To describe a few innocent jibes pricking pretension as 'hate' really does undermine the whole concept of hate.

Think of the forum as a bar.

Some of us weigh in with opinions on everything, you really have to develop a little backbone and tolerate different views.

Calling the 'help, I am being oppressed' card because some cannot be arsed with the way certain bikes are constantly tossed over is counter productive to healthy debate.

Back