My 1995 Team Marin,to good to ride ?

marine

That's really a goog buy.Looking at those LX brake level,i thought they were brand new.
I used to own a set like those n afte years of use,they start to have pitted marks on the level itself n the black paint start peeling. Yours had been in storage n the previous owner did not even ride much, but it looks like "" Brand New "" condition.
Great find my friend.
:D :p :twisted: :evil:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
mrpedigree":37khpvqi said:
mkaavin":37khpvqi said:
Thanks for the help,
Are these the cranks i need? ,these ones below are in the uk and would my rings fit ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300786580299? ... 1423.l2649

I dont know whether i will bother changing the the LX levers/Lx Shifters as the one on it are like new ,i would change the crank tho if the one above is the right one ! tho ?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I hope your dog is better behaved than mine , as riding with him is Russian Roulette as to when My front wheel gets taken out and I hit the deck. Nice bike!. Not that special that I would not ride it.

Loki":2xd7rt6m said:
Nice bike!. Not that special that I would not ride it.
A top spec marin near 18 years old bike that near new cond thats never really been ridden ? i think thats a little special.. dont you ? :D

Little bit, they are are nice bikes, but don't worry about being too precious with it, they are pretty tough. (And relatively common, albeit not necessararly in this condition. If you want to treasure it, it would be worth tracking down the equally good condition parts that would of been original to it. I don't see much point in treasuring it as being original condition if it isn't original spec.

JeRkY":31he69xh said:
Little bit, they are are nice bikes, but don't worry about being too precious with it, they are pretty tough. (And relatively common, albeit not necessararly in this condition. If you want to treasure it, it would be worth tracking down the equally good condition parts that would of been original to it. I don't see much point in treasuring it as being original condition if it isn't original spec.
From what i can gather the only original spec bits thats different are the break levers/sifters ,and as the LX ones on it are like new should i really bother ? could i find XT ones in as good condition as those LX ones ?
I have always had Marins when i was younger ,so finding one from back in my hay day,as mint as this ,In a large sized frame for my large sized frame,probably means more to me than most people care to understand :D

mrpedigree":3bow5l0v said:
Loki":3bow5l0v said:
A top spec marin near 18 years old bike that near new cond thats never really been ridden ? i think thats a little special.. dont you ? :D
Not particularly, really just a nice production bike , certainly not to nice or rare to not ride. That's my criteria , I buy bikes to ride, not hang on the wall. If you didn't want opinions why start a thread asking for them ?

Loki":17s3c4kv said:
mrpedigree":17s3c4kv said:
Loki":17s3c4kv said:
Not particularly, If you didn't want opinions why start a thread asking for them ?
Easy mate,no need to get your pretty little knickers in a twist, when did i say didn't want opinions ?
I was just was pointing out that anything that was 17 yrs old,was in close to the condition when it was new and was top of the line at the time got to be a little bit special....but obviously you must see them like this every day so its not that special to u i suppose ;)

Latest posts

Back