Cannock: The Day After.

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Not so many of us this time round, but a good time was had. Warm sun greeted us as we turned up in varying degrees of lateness. Met up with Dekerfintheshed and we decided to set off in slow (my fault) pursuit of the others, whom we figured must have set off! The usual Cannock sandy mud was present in greater quantities than usual, although to those of us used to the South West clay, it didn't seem too bad.
Arriving back at the start, who should we bump into? The freshly arrived retrobikers.
A second full lap beckoned. I'm awful with names, but no doubt the blanks will be filled in by those concerned. A crash on the fast downhill section with thankfully no lasting damage. We were all distracted on this section by a young lady (in jeans!) bent over adjusting her gears. The surprise was that only one of us crashed!
Crash of the day though goes to Dekerfintheshed. A stylish face plant right into the deepest puddle (small lake) on the section Madcowkev crashed on last time. Well and truly soaked! You can only hope that mud you were chewing on WAS mud!
No pics of the event, but here is the aftermath. Looking forward to the next one now I can see in colour again and the heart rate has dropped back below 200!

Attachments

• Mud#1.jpg
    Mud#1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,658
  • Mud#2.jpg
    Mud#2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,658
Ah the carrot and stick that was the young lady in front! Excellent fun, hope to do it again soon. Perfect combination of sun and mud! Not only that but my two buddies are now converts to the way of the retrobike!

Sore ribs and alot of sand in the washing machine!

Well here I am a convert and a new member of the retrobike forum, a virgin if you will-so be gentle! The mud was plentiful and the carrot on the stick beckoned...Consequently my attention was focused elsewhere and failed to assess the hazard in front of me, as I was to busy assessing the ass in front of me! And what do I have to show for it now-bruised ribs and alot of sand in the washing machine. That being said it was a top day and can't wait to get over there again in a few weeks time. As a bonus too Im sub-contracting as a sand supplier to Jewsons as a money spinner!...

random_dave_1":25rgwbjg said:
Guess I'd better get the bike out the car and see how horrific the clean up job is going to be!

Took a goodly while and four buckets of water. Had to go out and get a new tyre as well. One of the may grinding noises must have been a build up of mud munching its way merrily through the side wall.

Sorely tempted to get a new seat post too! Ooh, it still smarts!

Just gave her a quick wash in preparation for tomorrows commute, it wasn't pretty!

Attachments

• CIMG1406 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG1406 (Medium).JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,608
  • CIMG1408 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG1408 (Medium).JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,608
Mud mud glorious mud!

At least you could still see paint through the mud fella, I thought I had lost the blue beastie forever! Definitely think I might invest in some sort of Kartcher pressure wash!

Yeah, nice little mini meet. That mud dip will take some beating for me. Front tyre seemed to point where it wanted, can't think why ?? Not even touched the bike and was ordered to strip in the garage before entering the house. As a result, there's a pile of minging shorts etc festering in there. :oops: In Ireland now for a couple of days so can't even touch the bike till the wk end :cry: Nice to see a couple of converts come out of it.

I set of about 12.10 but never saw another retro ride,ow well i`ll probably get back over in a few weeks

Oh and next time i`m gonna use that jet wash at the finish to get some of it of

Attachments

• yo mud.jpg
    yo mud.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 1,563
Sorry we missed you, will have to dish out phone numbers next time so we can avoid that awkward peering at bikes before asking 'are you with retrobike!' Or retrobike jerseys all round!

Back