Pace RC100 rebuild

A lot of elbow grease fellas,thats all,i used brown pads first then the purple finer stuff then white pads.

You can get them at most hardware stores,theres also some multipacks on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scotchbrite-Abras ... dZViewItem

but tbh all you need is the ordinary red/brown ones,once one has lost its initial bite then use it later as a finer pad.Its not difficult to do just need a bit of patience,the final shiny pic was after i put brasso on it all and buffed it up.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well i know who to send my BRM wheels too for the next car show ;)

looking good.

Cheers,Al

andy.l":cif53fek said:

but tbh all you need is the ordinary red/brown ones,once one has lost its initial bite then use it later as a finer pad.Its not difficult to do just need a bit of patience,the final shiny pic was after i put brasso on it all and buffed it up.

Thanks Andy - great advice.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Little Bob":2o93q0e5 said:
andy.l":2o93q0e5 said:

Thanks Andy - great advice.

Yeah they gone in my list of things to get

That looks like an amazing refurb job. One question , how did you manage to polish out any dents in the crown?

With a set of needle files,theres one deep dent/hole on the reverse face that i couldnt get out as it would show where it had been filed down so i left that one,it just takes a bit of patience and time.

Ive retitled the thread now as i think ill just post up some of the stuff ive been restoring on the RC100 (if admin doesnt mind) and update it when i do something.

I did the Maguras today,the Hydro Stop levers had the ends missingwhere the bike had been stacked before i presume and the black on the ally bodies was worn away and knocked about in places,the hoses were split aswell.

So stripped the whole lot down,following someone s help on here i managed to get the master cylinder apart on both levers,the slave cylinders were a sealed unit though so had to leave them together,masked up the vital parts using helicopter tape and used the water/powder blast at work to clean the bodies up,the 'Hydro stop' decal had 3 layers of helicopter tape put on it as i doubt you can get replacements,lol

DSC00059.jpg

Took them home and bought some satin black ally paint from the local car parts shop,gave them 3 coats.

mags005.jpg

then assembled,i managed to buy some nos Hydro stop levers but theyre about 1" longer than the ones i had but dont know if this is because bits were knocked off,maintenance gave me some new hose too :cool: ,anyway im very pleased with the results,unfortunately one decal was beyond saving,still got to find one connector i lost in my garage to assemble front brake :roll:

mags010.jpg

mags012.jpg

mags011.jpg

mags008.jpg

024.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: That's some amazingly high quality work chap.....unbelievable.....that's gonna be a BOTM winner for sure :D :D

Back