GT XCR 1000

Big news.

I've decided to abandon building the bike with the XCR 1000 frame, as it has cracks in it.

The cracks are on the seat tube near the quick release and above the shock mounts.

On reading other websites, XCR frames between 1999 and 2001 have a history of cracking seat tubes up the top.

Bugger :oops:

Anyone want a frame for display ?

Attachments

• xcr-shock-mnt.jpg
    xcr-shock-mnt.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 383
  • xcr-seat tube.jpg
    xcr-seat tube.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 383
There's the option of having the seat tower cut off and replaced with a custom one that won't crack.

Not worth it.

Started to strip it for parts.

Blackstar, if you are going to scrap the frame, I might be interested in the rear shock and bushes. If you are going to strip it down and sell the parts can you please message me please with a price. Thanks

Yeah they were prone to cracking as my 2001 idrive went at the seat post too as well as a 2001 Zaskar! :evil:

Baggyman":yyxuiu2c said:
Blackstar, if you are going to scrap the frame, I might be interested in the rear shock and bushes. If you are going to strip it down and sell the parts can you please message me please with a price. Thanks

The parts will be needed for another build, but thanks for the offer.

Yeah they were prone to cracking as my 2001 idrive went at the seat post too as well as a 2001 Zaskar! :evil:

Sounds odd. Bad welds that year?

Back