It may be near Easter but don't resurrect this thread again!

Raging_Bulls":2b52pyt4 said:
Because John asked him to start a new thread after similar comments and bickering ruined the old thread.

But this is my point, if the old threads with exactly the same text and photos caused issues then why set up another one. If people want to view these photos again then go to the old thread? If the painter is building a bike then why not put it in the readers bikes section?

Common sense would dictate that to avoid the same shit between the same people wouldn't it be best not to post up the same stuff that caused the shit in the first place.

I'm not a lover or hater of Kleins, I own one but am totally ambivalent to its mystical powers, but I am a hater of the stupidly long, bitchfest Klein threads that have been so popular of late and to prove that point I am seemingly the cause of creating my own. In the words of the late Alarnis Morrisette; 'isn't it ironic'....

From this thread I see a few things..it seems more about Martin hate than complimenting him on his work and I applaud John for having the tolerance to deal with miserable old grumpy farts

Martin does most of his work in his booth and because he has a slick operation that matches his excellent work the whole layout is very professional.

Some others may have not that level of awareness but look in other vendors photographs and most I guarranty will have their name within those photo's but yet do not attract the same anti feeling that has been vented , you have to ask why

Here is the thing I don't understand

It's John's site, John has made it clear that he is happy for those threads to go ahead ideally in the rb tradition of people who share an interest and learn by the process's shown

If anyone has the right to have an issue with names, advertising, being unsure what is educational or advertising or both..then John and only John has the right to have a beef about that..it's his site and so far I enjoy the hobby I love most of the time in here

Now you old grumpy farts...get back on facebook and complain about someone else or the daily mail

:p :p

John":2a5peooa said:
In all fairness I asked both resident Klein sprayers to start new threads to showcase their work.

With apologies ... to accommodate one Klein sprayer may be regarded as a misfortune: to entertain two looks like carelessness.

However, I'm glad there is now a Klein paint discussion discussion thread. Apart from the drama of an online, high-noon paint-off, the best bit about Klein paint threads is their promotion of what we might call the minutiae of sameness.

SAY What??

Well - as Pete_Mcc pointed out, all this sterile masking is a tedious process to replicate something that was knocked out on a production line to a budget. So what are the Klein-NOScenti really after? Clearly not an original. No, the prize seems to be something other; something that if it were passed off as an original, would be found to be a fake -- but only because it was too good.

In the same way that art galleries spend hours and thousands trying to verify that a work is authentic, the goal of the modern Kleinist is to devote conspicuous resources in order to acquire something that looks like an original to the layman, but on closer inspection or understanding is disclosed as definitely not - it's too good!. The goal of the true Klein officianado is to own a genuine Not Klein.

Sadly, as a hopeless layman, I suspect that a proper Not Klein will be out of my reach for ever. But crumbs Mum, I want one!

sylus":olzxnzqa said:
From this thread I see a few things..it seems more about Martin hate than complimenting him on his work and I applaud John for having the tolerance to deal with miserable old grumpy farts

I can guarantee that the point of my posts is nothing to do with Martins work, it is very nice and I am sure that if Martin ventured outside of Klein respray threads he could add loads to the site and he's obviously some one with a talent. The point directly relates to the needless repetition of the countless dickwaving Klein painting threads. I think Dr B gets it perfectly.

Then if it offends you so much pete and as you yourself have pointed out

pete_mcc":2a161hmr said:
I'm not a lover or hater of Kleins, I own one but am totally ambivalent to its mystical powers, but I am a hater of the stupidly long, bitchfest Klein threads that have been so popular of late and to prove that point I am seemingly the cause of creating my own. In the words of the late Alarnis Morrisette; 'isn't it ironic'....

Ignoring anything to do with kleins..

I have to admit I started reading martin original thread with interest...and even before it went to mud slinging rat sh1t and have to admit I did feel a little let down when an an interesting read, clearly became not much more than an advertising exercise.

I would have the following suggestion. How about a read only part to the forum.. Probably in the feedback subsection where folk who clearly want to advertise their services can organise a work thread with permission from John, update it with their work etc. and answer questions they have been pm'ed.

Call it "trade members area" or like

The likes of martin, Jonrock, Gil_m, justbackdated and others can then each run their own thread if they so wish in an advertising manner. They would still have the normal feedback threads for folk to asses their work/sales/services.

Just an idea.

sylus":uxkon9yn said:
Then if it offends you so much pete and as you yourself have pointed out

pete_mcc":uxkon9yn said:

Dunno, I'm just loving the fact that this thread keeps getting pushed up to the top even if it is just me doing it. But you must remember that this is not a Klein thread but a Klein thread discussion thread, obviously totally different and hence outside of my initial point quoted above, or something...

Nice idea, dablk

Actually I would go one step further. A section where each member can have his own personal thread, where others aren't allowed to comment (unless in certain circumstances, like when the topic owner asks for opinions etc). So not just the professionals, but anyone really.

Sort of like a personal diary.
Martin and Jonrock could have their paint topics there, Gil and the other decal artists have theirs, and those who often post about their trips (FairFaxPat for instance) can do it there too.
Or photographers, or even someone who works at a LBS and has his topic about what happened at work ... as long as it's bike-related, it should be allowed in the "personal section".

There was a 'services offered' thread at one point, an expansion of that would be a great idea as it gives a large number of the guys who do a huge amount for the community a place to shout about what they can do. Also allows Newbies a usable, growing resource rather than asking 'Where can I get Kona decals made' every few months.

Back