It may be near Easter but don't resurrect this thread again!

vinnya77":y3tfd642 said:
jamabikes":y3tfd642 said:
i get petes point though. what he is doing is not exactly tricky. and does every photo need his business name in?

5 pictures do have the name, it's the both he's in.
17 don't have the company name.

no need to be so petantick. just saying that if its purely a demonstrative thread, there does seem to be an awful lot of advertising going on.

Righty ho. I've split this off so we can discuss the discussion as it were.

Let's lay off the personal attacks for starters.

pete_mcc":22844sbt said:
John, I know you invited people to start new threads but after countless threads, hundreds of pages, thousands of adverts for people's websites and reposts of the same photos time and time again doesn't there come a point where even a shameless self-promoting Klein respray's own internal dialogue say 'maybe this is one thread too many?

Personally I am not interested unless someone paints a Storm frame in the dark using a brush with only a single hair made of a Cuban virgins pube while using paints made from pigments bought back in time from the painting of the Sistine chapel. And I want the whole thing pictured being held by Gary Klein himself doing a big, cheesy thumbs up with the caption This is how we did it at Klein

That would indeed be nice.

We have threads on the forum about what you're favourite cheese is, quite frequently too. If people want to show off their work then I've no problem with them doing so. Clearly there is an element of self promotion but equally it's a good bit of content for the site and interesting for many.

jamabikes":e9vamzth said:
just saying that if its purely a demonstrative thread, there does seem to be an awful lot of advertising going on.

In all fairness, that's the booth he does his painting in. It's like that in all his regular videos and the pics he sends to customers too.
Do you really expect him to cover the logo just because the picture might end up on this forum?

Just want to thank John for this thread. A lot less tolerant forum owners would not bother.

Now can I just ask people to insult people's opinions rather than the people themselves?

It is basic forum etiquette.

:)

the real question is why has he got a banner up in his booth? only reason is for self promotion in the pics and vids. any sprayer worth his salt wouldn't have such a massive dust trap where he sprays or dries.

I don't see a banner. The lines inside the text indicate that it's painted on the wall. Martin? Can we get te story behind the logo in your booth?

hahahaha, a Klein thread discussion discussion thread :shock:

C'mon guys! Grow up! It's just a bicycle...

Martin is a prof painter, so is it strange he shows his name, it looks like every time the word Klein appears in a thread it's this haters/lovers thing.

Just let people like something, it's interesting to see the work be done, same would be from other painters, or even DIY-jobs.

To be fair, if I am bothering to film and share my technique, why the hell should I not promote my business?

It is not Clockwork Orange, no one has their eyes forced open to watch.

:)

vinnya77":2x867ikp said:
What an ignorant and pointless wa**er! Please leave this thread soon.

bobbydazzler":2x867ikp said:
What a complete arsehole you are

Superb! W*nker and an arseh*le. All I need is a 'c*ck', a 'c*nt' and a 'pri*k' and I'll have a full house.

My point is why do we need the same self-serving photos that appeared here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=#1674036 all over again? It's getting to be like repeats on BBC3, post the same things all over again after only 10days.

Back