Garmin Forerunner 110

Chris D

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi.

Only a small connection to MTB'ing but I was thinking of getting one of these for my running. But my question is will it record for cycling also. Or will it say that it is impossible to run at 15 mph..... :LOL:

Any help much appreciated. I realise I could get a bike specific Garmin but I can only afford one. And a bike specific one would be awkward to wear on my wrist....

Thank you.

I have the 410 and it's fine changing the settings between cycling and running. If you can't do it on your watch, then you'll be able to do it when (if) you upload to Garmin's site, or any similar site (I use Endomondo). This adjusts the calories burnt too. Many times I've forgot to change the settings of mine and had no warning when 'running' at 30mph. I just change it when I upload and jobs a good un :)

EarlofBarnet":17hdwcw6 said:
I have the 410 and it's fine changing the settings between cycling and running. If you can't do it on your watch, then you'll be able to do it when (if) you upload to Garmin's site, or any similar site (I use Endomondo). This adjusts the calories burnt too. Many times I've forgot to change the settings of mine and had no warning when 'running' at 30mph. I just change it when I upload and jobs a good un :)

Thanks Earl. Think I will get one....... :?

I've a forerunner 201 for sale £30 posted has car charger only though and you need a com port on the computer Have the cable).

Let me know.

paininthe":35nqw13s said:
I've a forerunner 201 for sale £30 posted has car charger only though and you need a com port on the computer Have the cable).

Let me know.

Thank you for the offer but I bought one now....

I have the Forerunner 305 and it works just fine for bike or running.
I think there is a handlebar mount and also a cadence sensor available (for the 305 at least) but I've never bothered with these as it records all the data I need anyway ie. time, elapsed time,distance, avg speed, max speed, and all the heart rate info as well.

Really good bits of kit in my opinion.

jimo746":16ti3gji said:
I have the Forerunner 305 and it works just fine for bike or running.
I think there is a handlebar mount and also a cadence sensor available (for the 305 at least) but I've never bothered with these as it records all the data I need anyway ie. time, elapsed time,distance, avg speed, max speed, and all the heart rate info as well.

Really good bits of kit in my opinion.

Thank you. I am just going for the 110 minus the heart rate monitor. Wont have a bar mount as it is normal wrist watch size.

Back