Ebay issue

Pyro Tim

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi all

I bought a pair of "polarized" Oakleys on ebay. They arrived today, and aren't polarized.

Seller advises it's a genuine mistake, and if I return them, he'll refund me. I haven't lodged an issue with ebay or paypal. What should I do? Send them back, or lodge issue with one or the other, then send them back?

Cheers
Tim

Send them back. Its just a mistake and you should either get what you ordered or a refund. With Ebay, return postage is at your own cost, although you could ask for them to cover the postage and see what they say.

If you don't get your refund or replacement, then you can raise a complaint with the Ebay Resolution Centre :)

As long as the seller offered the exchange via an eBay message, you'll have the message ID as proof if it ever comes to a dispute.

I like it when the person who made the mistake sends the right item immediately, accepting you will then return the wrong one in your own time.

I don't like being held to ransom by someone else's error.

they're second hand, so no chance of swapping. I think it's an honest mistake, as the box says what his advert says, but unfortunately not what the contents are. I'll send them back. Thanks guys

Back